All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

New Jazz Club in Exeter

Mack

Good news for anyone in Devon - The Bridge Jazz Club starts up in Exeter on Wednesday 6th April and every first Wednesday of the month thereafter. The venue is the Cellar Bar of the City Gate Hotel by the Iron Bridge in Exeter. The Club is opening with the support of Glanville Robinson Solicitors (my firm) but there will be a small charge of £2 on the door to help fund an expansion of the house band and to pay for future guests. We also aim to offer membership at a small annual fee which will get you free entry and an emailed newsletter.

Top local saxophonist Pete Canter (see www.petecanter.com) will be playing with his trio on the first night with a jam session in the second half - all musicians welcome, just bring instruments and charts. We hope his quartet will form the nucleus of the Club with guest artists appearing regularly. Already Vaughan Hawthorne-Nelson has indicated he should be able to play in the near future so exciting times ahead.

For those of you who don't know it the The City Gate Cellar Bar is an atmospheric vaulted brick-built cellar with arches and a great acoustic. It will be run cabaret style with a bar, candle lit tables, classic black-and-white prints of Blue Note artists on the walls - a proper jazz club in fact.

Despite being sponsored by my firm we will depend on the support of the local jazz scene to thrive so please come along - it promises to be great. See you there! It would be very helpful to have replies on this site from anyone local who intends to come - no idea how many Devonians are part of the forum. Even better PM me with your email address and we will keep you updated with news of future guests to the Club. Now, where did I write down Mr Rollins email...

Mikec

Good luck. There aren't enough Jazz clubs. I visit Devon annually, so will drop in sometime.

Mack

The Bridge Jazz Club website is now up and running - see http://www.bridgejazzclub.com . Feel free to join using the link on the home page, even if you only occasionally visit the area. Site membership costs nothing, your details won't be passed on to anyone and I promise not to deluge you with useless emails! Any feedback or suggestions about how to improve the site would be welcome. Hope to see you on the 1st Wednesday of the month...

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom