support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

New in from Croydon

Hazel

Hi everyone
My name is Hazel and I've just started learning the alto sax. I'm going to a beginner's course at the CityLit in London and I'm really enjoying it. I haven't joined a forum before but this seemed a great one to start. I'm learning on an old B&M Champion alto although I am starting to wonder about trying a soprano sax once I know my way around the one I've got. And I'm based in Croydon, a restful Sunday to everyone

best wishes

Hazel

Welcome to the forum Hazel.

I am sure you will shortly receive a few warnings about eccentric characters in Croydon.

In the meantime, enjoy your alto.

Aldevis

Hello Hazel

Nice to hear from another female in the forum. I joined a few weeks ago, and while I've been in other forums on other subjects, this one has to be the friendliest, most supportive and most information yet, with laughter and fun sprinkled throughout.

Welcome, and have fun with you sax addiction (yes you are addicted, you just don't know it yet!)

Mel

Hi Hazel from one of the eccentric characters of the Croydon and sarf Lunnun Massive. You are very welcome and even more so if you pop down Surrey Street and buy one of those great sax necks from my esteemed friend Old Git. Ignore what people say, they are not made from resprayed bits of Zimmer frame. On the other hand you have the excellent Jonathan Myles Just Flutes shop in South Croydon where you can buy all the bits you need.

If you need help, just ask.
YC

Croydon eh? Perhaps you could disguise yourself as a Christmas tree or even a hamster, but whatever you do don't fall for Old Gits' lines, he'll try his best to dupe you, or even con you, but he isn't actually the Mayor of the borough, nor is he the head of Croydon borough council, neither is he the pope or any other such top type chaps!

Welcome to the cafe, I hope you've got a seriously good sense of humor! You'll need it!

Welcome to the caff©, Hazel.

Do not believe any of the lies that are circulated about the greatest charity in the World, The Croydon and Sarf Lundun Massive. I would sue but a Judicial Review on a different cause was refused mid May and some judges make Judge Jeffreys seem very humanistic. Despite Taz's vile accusations, I have never claimed to be Eddie, the present Mayor or indeed, Jon Rouse, the £248,000 per annum Chief Executive of Croydon. The reason for these calumnies, envy of my musical skills, incredible good looks, superbly amusing personality and outstanding popularity. Now my modesty has reinforced the previous sentence. >:)

If you are around during weekdays, you could be guest of honour at a CaSLM official lunch with three other Croydpn saxophonists.

ENJOY™

Welcome, Hazel!
I have a sister called Hazel. Not that that's relevant to anything :)
If I were you I would take up OG's offer of lunch. I'm sure you would enjoy it.
Pity I couldn't be there myself... :crying:
all the best, Pauline

Hi Hazel!

A Big Welcome to Cafe Sax from the SKabertawe Horn Section down by yer in Hazel Road(honestly), Skabertawe, South Wales, mind!
I started on soprano sax - being a small instrument it is slightly harder to play in tune than the other saxes, but well worth it - lots of good ones around which don't cost that much. Glad that you are liking the alto sax (my favourite) and I hope you have a resally enjoyable time as a member here.

Kind regards
Tom:thumb:

Welcome, Hazel!
I have a sister called Hazel. Not that that's relevant to anything :)
If I were you I would take up OG's offer of lunch. I'm sure you would enjoy it.
Pity I couldn't be there myself... :crying:
all the best, Pauline

Hi Pauline I had a guided tram tour of Croyden quite scenic in fact breathtaking as you approach IKEA. But I wander off track or should I say off tram lines. What I wanted to tell you was I met a lady on the tram called Hazel and we had a very pleasant chat, until she jumped off the moving tram just before we reached Sandlands muttering `Got to go left my purse at home` Obviously a bit of a nut. Regds N.:)

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom