SYOS

New girl in town!

YourSaxIsOnFire

Hi everyone!

Just a message to say hello as a newbie to the forum. Got my first sax for Christmas, figure that 27 is not too old to learn a new insturment right?

I look forward to talking to everyone! x:D

Taz

Busking Oracle
Welcome to the Cafe, I love your cafe name! :))) 27 is a very early age (by comparison) to start the sax, and getting one for Christmas is exactly how I started too. Enjoy your journey, it can sometimes be a bit bumpy, but the end result is sooooo worth the effort! ;}

visionari1

Welcome......cor blimey if your sax is on fire......put it out.

NO 27 is not too young, unless that's months old!

At 27, I was still racing around the football field (in my prime), without a sax in sight, now it's different.

Enjoy talking, you'll get plenty of that around here.

Cheers & Ciao.
Jimu:mrcool

Last edited by a moderator:

Young Col

Welcome to the caf.
Sheffield, the (once) City of Steel and still a good place; I have family connections there!

See the adjacent Hello from Norfolk thread about how old people are here.
Cheers
Colin

thehunt

Welcome to the Caff. I think you'll find that most people here started later in life. The main thing is starting, what you will find is that you now can't stop!!
Good bunch of people here all with one thing in common, love of the sax and music. Hope you enjoy it. Phil :w00t:

ukwoody

Hi welcome to the forum. 27? a mere youngster compared to many on here - "old git" can't even remember that far back...;}

what horn and set up have you been blessed with for crimbo?

Dont forget it's free to ask questions!

regards
woody

OP
Y

YourSaxIsOnFire

Thank you for the warm welcome. :welldone

I have an Alto sax, it's a B&S Sonora - just a standard mouthpiece at the moment but open to recomendations for a good one for begginers. I want to create quite a mellow, soft sound, rather than just loud and bright - if that makes sense?

Top Bottom