SYOS

New CD Sacred Hearts + Secret Music

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Café Supporter
A bit of a different departure for me and not a saxophone in site I'm afraid.
For once my production role is less hands on, as I'm just the executive producer on this one. (Another way of saying I'm the bloke that pays for it and everyone hopes will keep out of the way while they do the clever stuff).

Well, it's my wife who does the clever stuff as researcher and director:

SOUNDFILES: Sacred Hearts + Secret Music

It's actually all music to go with the new Sarah Dunant novel Sacred Hearts, as my wife was a music consultant to Sarah.

visionari1

A bit of a different departure for me and not a saxophone in site I'm afraid.
For once my production role is less hands on, as I'm just the executive producer on this one. (Another way of saying I'm the bloke that pays for it and everyone hopes will keep out of the way while they do the clever stuff).

Well, it's my wife who does the clever stuff as researcher and director:

SOUNDFILES: Sacred Hearts + Secret Music

It's actually all music to go with the new Sarah Dunant novel Sacred Hearts, as my wife was a music consultant to Sarah.
Nice stuff Pete, I can hear Jan Garbarek blowing some smooth sound over it, Canterbury or York Catherdrals.

I'm interested in Italian Rennaissanse music from the Leonadro da vinci period (1450-1519). Would you or your researcher/director have any links to that music. I've written a play which includes Leonardo and want some of his music as background to performance. I know he played Lyre and actually was a good improviser (funny that!)
I've read that he did compose at least one tune, but haven't been able to track it down. He also designed and made a drawing of a silver Lyre.

Sacred hearts + Secret music, must have been an interesting project, could lead anywhere!

Cheers & Ciao
Jimu:mrcool:sax:

"Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no Art" Leonardo da Vinci

Last edited by a moderator:

Pee Dee

In no way do I follow any religion, but I do find the music very relaxing to listen to.
Christian Forshaw would probably be interested in this, and Leslie Garrett.

Top Bottom