All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Saxophones New C Melody....???

cherrybyte

Locality
Dulverton, Exmoor, West Somerset
Anyone bought/tried one..??..I've just pulled out my old Conn out the attic, to be honest I'd forgotten I had one(bought 40+ yrs ago cos it was cheap and I had'nt quite grasped the concept of Bb/Eb/C) so never really used, but the keywork..oh dear..!!..however I can appreciate its nice for 'Tunes' bit like my Brass 'tenor horn' and as now I play for my own satisfaction with seriously tight backing bands/horn sections/Orchestras et al but need to tucked up in bed by 10.00 p.m....Ahh you say..!!..flash B'astard...Band in a box say I..;) a c melody with good keywork could be just the ticket..!!

Last edited by a moderator:

cherrybyte

Locality
Dulverton, Exmoor, West Somerset
Altissimo..I've looked at those and that rekindled my interest..that's why I'm fishing for an opinion from someone who actually has/tried one..trouble is 'altos' look 'girly' lets face it its not a mans sax..;..and as I'm not large and the 'years' are shrinking me even tenors are looking big..never mind my low A bari..see my other threads.....BM..its not the transpositiom..but the tone...!!.. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

jonf

Locality
Betelgeuse
I've got a Conn C melody and I play it regularly. Although my main sax is a modern tenor I don't have a problem with the keywork on the Conn, and it's certainly better than my (lovely sounding) Buescher True Tone alto. I play along on the Conn with my daughter on guitar, and it sounds good. It has new metal reflector pads, a tenor-style crook from Aquilasax (still got the original though) and I use a modern Brilhart Level-Air 9 mouhtpiece. Sounds nice and raucous.

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom