All profit supporting   special needs music

New but old!

O

onebdi

Hi, I used to play tenor sax years ago...sold the sax, bought some bagpipes...still have the pipes and decided to buy an alto sax, just for fun. I live in Leicestershire, out in the country (which is great for practising). I do treework for a living and foster rescue greyhounds for fun. I am for all intents and purposes a complete novice on the sax but I love the sound (not of my playing obviously). I love old instruments and love nothing better than mackling together an instrument out of old bits and pieces.

kevgermany

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Big welcome from me. I've many lovely memories of Leicestershire countryside, especially pheasant. Have fun here.

ac30kev

ac30kev

Too old for a six-pack, it's now a sax-pack
Locality
United Kingdom Manchester-ish
Welcome. There are plenty of novices on here, myself included, and its a great place to learn about saxes.
Most of all, have fun.

nigeld

nigeld

Too many mouthpieces
Café Supporter
Locality
Bristol, UK
Welcome, and good luck with fixing up your old sax.

Alice

Alice

Psychedelic
Locality
Kent
Hi, welcome to the café ... That sounds like a lot of fun. What is the latest instrument that you Macklemore together and how did it sound?

Jeanette

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
Welcome to the cafe, how do the greyhounds react to the sax :)

Jx

2toneblew

2toneblew

C'mon Genie, third wish - to sound warm and fuzzy
Locality
Terrace , BC, Canada
Welcome to the Cafe' , it's a great place to be. I used to have a neighbor that played bagpipes--- tried a lot of ideas, but never occured to me to buy him a sax. So dumb of me , I could have had someone to jamb with and enjoyed other sound benefits.

2toneblew

2toneblew

C'mon Genie, third wish - to sound warm and fuzzy
Locality
Terrace , BC, Canada
Lest anyone think I don't enjoy and respect bagpipes, I do and stand in awe of how so much music can be extracted from a 9 note scale. One of my favorite players is jazz artist Gunhild Carling. Try a listen to this youtube , Her second song, about 1 minute in is Amazing Grace, gives me goosebumps every time I listen.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=q53Ajkll_kw

hopefully posting this is ok, if not please delete.

J

Justin Chune

Locality
The Athens of The North
Hello and welcome to the cafe. You might get nostalgic for your tenor sax. Don't fight it. ;)

Jim.

Jazzaferri

Jazzaferri

Locality
Victoria BC Canada
Welcome aboard

Artistinme

Artistinme

Locality
Okanagan Valley, BC
A big welcome from a newbie!