All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Saxophones New Bari

Adrian63

Locality
United Kingdom
So; to keep my spirits up i have bought a bari. I will in time get the 10M. I was going to buy a " truetone " but am going to wait. It is the Conn i really want to replace the one i sold. The bari only arrived a couple of days back and being in hospital a friend brought it in for me to check out. It really is a nice horn. 61, Kohler Empor(io?). Silver plate ( not nickel ) it is engraved Kohler Markenkirschen(?) Empor; " Magma" ( possibly Migma? ). RTH, low Bb. YEAH!!

Targa

Among the pigeons
Café Supporter
Locality
KIC 8462852
If you start playing it I think they might catch on to you're not really sick, just skiving to get out of doing the Christmas shopping.

Ads

Locality
North West UK
So; to keep my spirits up i have bought a bari. I will in time get the 10M. I was going to buy a " truetone " but am going to wait. It is the Conn i really want to replace the one i sold.!!

I don`t blame you, If I get ONE vintage USA horn, I want it to be a 10M Tenor too . I`m sure the Buescher is great and I bet 50s 16Ms are too but the 10M is the one I want (and won`t be able to afford for quite a while) ....

Enjoy the Bari . as for the make , I`ve only seen "Kohler Migma" on accordions , they`re East german but a better build than the usual harmona stuff if I remember rightly so maybe related to Kohlert and if so, I bet it`s a good horn .

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
So; to keep my spirits up i have bought a bari. I will in time get the 10M. I was going to buy a " truetone " but am going to wait. It is the Conn i really want to replace the one i sold. The bari only arrived a couple of days back and being in hospital a friend brought it in for me to check out. It really is a nice horn. 61, Kohler Empor(io?). Silver plate ( not nickel ) it is engraved Kohler Markenkirschen(?) Empor; " Magma" ( possibly Migma? ). RTH, low Bb. YEAH!!

Good for you, hope you are home soon and can give it a proper blow :)

Jx

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Koehler have nothing to do with Kohlert. Common mistake as the names are similar.

Sounds like a really nice horn. Love my bari.

trimmy

One day i will...
Locality
Liverpool ( Pool of Life )
Nice one Ade :)
Whike you're on the mend I'll come and test it out for you, i mean you not being well enough i may aswell take it off your hands while you recuperate ! ;)
(Talk about hitting a man when he's down) lol

Locality
East Kent, UK.
Very nice too. I also play the baritone. I have a Yanagisawa B992. I really cannot recommend them enough. It is easy to play, sounds great, and blows beautifully. Just one grouse - it is VERY heavy - but for that sound, it is worth it

Staff online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom