All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

New Album - Quercus!

TomMapfumo

Hi Folks!

Just become aware of a new CD coming out on ECM records on 1st April 2013 (seriously!) called "Quercus". For those who like folk music it is an interesting combination of June Tabor (vocals), Iain Ballamy (saxes) and Huw Warren (piano). I will be pre-ordering it and happy to report back at the time. Amazon has short exerpts on their website and it sounds really good. They are touring as a group in the second half of April - visiting Milton Keynes, Exeter, Bristol, Gateshead, Warwick and London.

Its a small world, as Huw Warren lives in Skabertawe, and I'm currently learning one of his pieces on trombone for ABRSM Jazz Grades. :thumb:

Colin the Bear

Thanks. I love June Tabor. Fantastic voice. Off to amazon for a look see.

Just played the samples. Magic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Thanks. I love June Tabor. Fantastic voice. Off to amazon for a look see.

Just played the samples. Magic.
Likewise... huge fan of June Tabor, i love the dark, slightly Berlin Cabaret quality her voice has. I suspect the Quercus reference may come from a series of books written by an Ex-Colleague of mine- Philip Reeves (The Mortal Engines series…. Very good semi-science fiction swashbucklers, aimed at ‘teen’ readers but great bits of writing). Keep us posted on the album.

Lelly

Scarily Tall!!!!
I am jut off to Amazon to check it out. We are always looking for something new to listen to.

Lxx

Listening right now - WOW!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Been listening to the sound clips... I love this album already.....

TomMapfumo

Finally got my copy of Quercus today - just a beautiful piece of music. I noticed the reviews this weekend in both the Guardian and Observer which are both very positive.

Also recently found out that they will be performing at the Brecon Jazz festival in August 2013!
Happy days!

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Looks like this is on my list.
Iain Ballamy is always interesting, plus Huw Warren and June Tabor, what can go wrong?
Cheers Tom.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom