All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Never was much at small talk

jeremyjuicewah

But, I´ll have a go. I am getting on a bit and have been playing alto for just over year. I am lucky to have a qualified and talented teacher and I have been learning to read since I began on sax. I would say I´ve come a long way in a year, but I enjoy practice and do it everyday. I am a bit of a guitar player having been at that since I was about ten then one day I just thought, hey, why shouldnt I be able to play one of those cool, fabulous wavy sax things. Its been a liberating experience, finding out that sax is not just for "proper" musicians. I am pretty pleased to find this forum, got here by accident, have some questions to ask which I will do in the right places. Reading this you seem a pretty friendly and helpful bunch, so, hello in there.

Pyrografix

Senile Member
Hi, and a warm (for once) welcome from sunny Scotland. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here - lots of support, and fun too!

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Jeremy.

As you will soon learn, we are all very serious, with absolutely no small talk allowed.

ENJOY!

BigMartin

Welcome. Who said you're not a "proper musician"? Let us know and Old Git will send the boys (and girls?) round.

Sunray

Welcome to the Cafe mate ...

jeremyjuicewah

Ha ha mate ... Where d'you get a name like that! ;}

Fell in a very large cocktail I guess ... :shocked:

Still - I can talk ...

Cheers Jeremy ...

PS - Aged 58 makes you somewhat of a youngster around here ...

jeremyjuicewah

Hmmmm...seem to be too stupid to reply. Lost that one, try again. Thanks to everyone for the welcome. Proper musician, nah, I've worked with the Stones, Wings, Yes, Wishbone Ash and others but that was thirty five years ago when I used to tour. Errrr..... selling tee shirts and buttons and posters and all that overpriced memento stuff. GOOD MORNING and I hope the sun does shine today, for everyone! (Now I will look a turkey if the other post shows up).

johnboy

Hi Jeremy, from Bonalba, near Mutxamel, Alicante.

Welcome aboard, dive in and enjoy the fun, but between you and me, watch out for Old Git & Sunray ;}.

P.S. My pic. is at the Texaco Bar, San Juan.

John

andyb1970

Welcome, I'm starting to feel like a youngster at a mere 41 :) Let us know what setup you've got, being a nosy fellow! I guess you like playing rock music on the sax?

Young Col

Welcome. Small talk or whatever, you must have realised already that everyone here is deadly serious.
YC

TomMapfumo

Hi JJ!

Welcome to the Cafe from the Skabertawe Horn Collective down by yer in Wales. Glad that you have found a decent teacher - always a big help. What stuff are you keen on learning/playing? Hope you have a great time here in Saxa Geriatrica ....................... .:shocked::w00t::shocked:

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

jeremyjuicewah

Yeah, I can tell you are a bloodthirsty bunch of hooligans. I am pleased to find one of you in Bonalba, Johnboy. I live in Pedreguer. It is very surprising the number of quality musicians on the Costa. (I dont count me there, though I am an artist of sorts. . . ) Maybe we will meet up one day. Good luck with your gig, I think they are getting rare. The tours were fun, I imagine, too much drinking and way too much travelling. I must stress that I have never known any of the stars, being merchandising I was much too low in the pecking order for any attention, but I bet I was next best paid on the tours. That stuff was a license to print money. If I had a conscience I would probably be ashamed of myself. The music I like to play on sax is swing and jazzy stuff. Not too screaming with arpeggio, my jazz taste is pretty trad, but when I buy music I look for stuff with plenty of various rests, on and off the beat. The first tune I learned was Henry Mancini´s Pink Panther. I never cared much for swing until I got the sax, its seems natural and i suppose it also seems to sound better than my playing actually merits. I want to perfect my reading, but I find it hard going sometimes, but I want also to work on improv. My teacher is a real pro and I think he´s done pretty well to get me so far. I am 58 and I think I am a little bit proud of tackling this project at this age. Well, as Johnboy will know, over here its do something or drink yourself to death. Lastly, Juice Wah (I think we used to spell it Jooce wah) was a schoolboy thing. Everyone in the whole school would at sometime or other yell out Jooce! and the correct response was to yell back Wah! Teachers found it very very irritating indeed. I have no idea how it started.
All the best
Mike (for that is the real name)

trimmy

One day i will...
Welcome to the Cafe Mike :) plenty of late starters on here living our dream

Lastly, Juice Wah (I think we used to spell it Jooce wah) was a schoolboy thing. Everyone in the whole school would at sometime or other yell out Jooce! and the correct response was to yell back Wah! Teachers found it very very irritating indeed. I have no idea how it started.
:))):))) anything that annoys teachers was a good thing

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom