support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

negative feedback

zootsaxenberger

Locality
kent
I have been dismayed to read a couple of pieces of input from a gentleman of apparently "international" acclaim.
whilst we all have views,and i would be the first to "throw in my two cents worth" i hope that i would have enough social grace to show respect to my fellow members.
i think that the afore mentioned gentleman is attempting to spoil the camaraderie which exists here why? i have no idea.
but i for one will continue to converse with everyone here regardless.
we have a great thing going here guys,lets not allow anyone to spoil it.

Zoot, you've raised a good point. And thanks for the sentiments.

We allowed it to develop until we were sure in which way it was going. However it was controlled/monitored closely and has since been closed down.

Please use the notify button to alert us to future problems.

I only looked at said Thread this morning and could not really take it seriously, but glad that it has been deleted. I hope that Cafe Saxophone continues to be a place where fellow human beings are welcome to share their thoughts and experiences withregard to saxophones and related matters, with due thoughtfulness and respect towards others.

Love to all
Tom

Ditto all that has been said. Wasn't going to get into the argument, but I would just observe that true professionals don't need to tell others how good they are.... and the true professionals on here don't.

Coffees all round please Pete and mine's an Americano with a milk on the side.
YC

You mean he's been baned? thats a shame, best bit of fun iv'e had for a little while.....ah well i sopose sooner or later we'll get another dingbat so we can indulge in a bit more sport, ha ha.

Funniest part (in between me splitting my ear wide open last night in the incident with the Easter egg!) and being slammed for not being in a band by the afor mentioned was poor old Pete chirping in every now and then trying his best to keep a modicum of decorum, ha ha.

But on a more serious note (if you'll pardon the punn) do we definitely know it was the guy it was supposed to be? i mean there were a couple of comments saying it may be a troll trying to discredit him for whatever reason, could it have been? as a lot of his ramblings just seemed hell bent on ****ing people off, which of cource they did, it just seems so odd that a professional, in this case a musician, but it could have been any profession would want to rub up people in his oun line of work so baddly, why?

The fact that it was so deliberately provocative makes it very suspect to me.

From the reading I've done, I too think Cafe Saxophone is particularly laid back and friendly. I don't see the constant sniping and backbiting so prevalent on other forums. I value that, and hope it continues.

I have added a public apology in the Breakfast room, 'cos I did let him get to me and I reacted badly, so sorry to you all.

Now, back to the fun!

Amen to that! now about those coffees any chance of a wee dram in mine? just to keep out the cold you understand.

I only looked at said Thread this morning and could not really take it seriously, but glad that it has been deleted. I hope that Cafe Saxophone continues to be a place where fellow human beings are welcome to share their thoughts and experiences withregard to saxophones and related matters, with due thoughtfulness and respect towards others.

Love to all
Tom

Same here Tom,

I've been on this forum for donkey's (years that is) and this lastest weird thread is quite rare.... in musical terms "accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative and don't mess with mister inbetween"

The reaction was appropriate for this occasion, no applogies needed, everyone has a right to speak here!
Tho certain behaviours and attitudes should not be tolerated, I see this thread as of value like no other, so thanks for the lessons,

Now back to the comeraderie & fun.
Cheers & ciao
Jimu

I must confess to be slightly disappointed - I too was reading with a combination of disbelief and downright amusement at what would come out next! Perhaps we have been too hard and maybe with our combined efforts we could have helped to educate and inform this poor soul about real life? Or more likely it was a troublemaker out to besmirch the reputation of a highly regarded player, and therefore excommunication is the best policy.

All I'll say is, it must be really hard to play a sopranino..?

Nick

P.S.
Double espresso machiato pour moi, aussi!

Tom
- don't mention the aussi!

And I missed it!

I enjoyed the graceful apology from Taz though. A true gent.

Has anyone considered that it may be the same individual we had spouting vitriol a few months ago. He was some sort of guru from York and had a similar bee in his bonnet. He said he had played with the great and good and we were all a bunch of amateurs who took the music of the African Americans and besmerched it. I'm probably guilty on that one.

Good God. I go away for a few days and then come back to realise I have missed out on a bit of excitement. What did I miss? Why have you deleted the thread? I am far too nosey to let this one go!

Good God. I go away for a few days and then come back to realise I have missed out on a bit of excitement. What did I miss? Why have you deleted the thread? I am far too nosey to let this one go!

Nothing's been deleted. But a couple of threads are locked.

Has anyone considered that it may be the same individual we had spouting vitriol a few months ago. He was some sort of guru from York and had a similar bee in his bonnet. He said he had played with the great and good and we were all a bunch of amateurs who took the music of the African Americans and besmerched it. I'm probably guilty on that one.

Yes, a lot of similarities. Maybe, maybe not. Difficult to tell.

Sorry I missed all the fun.... It must have been very provocative indeed to wind the, normally placid, Taz up!!

Maybe it's time just to forget about this clown and move on? on the other hand it might be a good idea for admin to contact the guy directly and find out if he knows whats been going on as he may be completely inocent and then we can put the whole thing to bed, for good!

Back
Top Bottom