PPT mouthpieces

Neapolitan songs from the lockdown

guidocreo

Locality
anzio - Italy
I need to recovery a little bit of practice on my alto (I'm a bit rusted) and I thought to start to play some classic neapolitan song.

The first one is "Indifferentemente" (Indifferently):

View: https://youtu.be/El65moKR6fI

below, an excerpt from Wikipedia translated with google transaltor:

Indifferently it is a Neapolitan song of 1963, by Salvatore Mazzocco (music) and Umberto Martucci (text) with the musical edition La Canzonetta, interpreted for the first time by Mario Abbate and Mario Trevi.

Indifferently it is a song about the end of a love story. A couple, holding hands, find themselves watching the moon go down. That gesture turns out to be the "last scene" of a love that has come to an end, when now there is nothing more to say. The man now, realizing that "it is no longer for her"), expects her partner to confirm the end of their story. In these verses, Martucci and Mazzocco use metaphors. Poison is confirmation of the end of their love story. Man prefers to have it right away, without waiting for tomorrow ("and give me this poison, don't wait for tomorrow!"). If he has this confirmation, he will accept it, albeit with pain, in an indifferent way ("here, indifferently, if you kill me I won't tell you anything"). And indifferently it will lose it («... and indifferently I lose to you! ...»).

Ciao, keep you safe.

I've never heard of that sweet tune. It's sexy with a splash of Latin love. Nice.

Back
Top Bottom