All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

napster or spotify for jazz?

rob4

any opinions on whether a subscription to napster offers more access to jazz than one to spotify?
have just bought the sonos music thing - which i highly recommend - and it has a free napster trial on it. i've already found some gaps in what napster offers - for instance only two jimmy guiffre albums!! heresy.
but haven't got much experience of spot.
anyone know both &/or recommend one or the other?

Rob

PS: sorry if this has been posted before - I did search honest!

rob4

sorry for replying to my own thread but I've just searched on napster for art tatum and the man doesn't even exist according to them.
however they do have Rhianna.

Sue

If at first you don't succeed try try try a Gin
Subscriber
I don't have any experience of Napster but do use Spotify and can pretty much find what I like to listen to. I don't use a premium account so can only listen. Can you download with premium?

Moz

I'm no expert but isn't napster more of a purchase site whereas spotify and lastfm are better for just listening to then buying if you want?

Taz

Busking Oracle
Personaly I'd go Spotify all the way. I think it's a fantastic. I too can find all I want and that includes many of the artists that get mentioned on here.

half diminished

Yep, no experience of Napster but I do like Spotify. Can't always find exactly what I want but it's pretty good even for jazz.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom