SYOS

MySpace is it cr*p?

Djangette

um - am I allowed to say cr*p?

OK I got told to be a friend to my real life friends site *sigh* <look who's stupid>

So half an hour later I get an email that tells me ....

Birthday Reminder One or more of your friends have birthdays coming up this week --

Visit MySpace to check out who!

So I'm panicking - who have I forgotten and will have to shove £20 in a card instead of buying something for 99p @ Wilkinsons?

What do I get?

''View Upcoming Birthdays
None of your friends have posted birthdays this week!''

<isn't laughing, has a list too long for those who should be ranged against the wall come the glorious day>

Certainly I'm in Grouchy Old Woman Mode plus 100% ... what is that about?

I never wanted to be on myspace - I didn't even want a mobile phone or a stupid PC that seems to do what it wants willy nilly nowadays - For F*cks sake I'm going to be typing on Twiddle or Twitter or whatever it's called <stomps off and blows down a tube>

Where is the 'I predict a Riot' Icon?

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
My old band were on myspace for a few years when it first started. It's got to be a bit of a joke now, but 2005-7 it was a fantastic networknig tool for bands- we scored a lot of good gigs and managed to get some very good musical karma helping out American bands who were looking for help with uk touring..

OP
Djangette

Djangette

Can't see the point myself!

Now, here's a thought - www.getoutofmyspace.com
THE anti-social networking site.

I bet there's someone up in Croydon who'd join.
Thanks for the link - I'd join too, but, unfortunately, it seems the originators were so anti-social they decided not actually get it up and running! :verysad

My old band were on myspace for a few years when it first started. It's got to be a bit of a joke now, but 2005-7 it was a fantastic networknig tool for bands- we scored a lot of good gigs and managed to get some very good musical karma helping out American bands who were looking for help with uk touring..
Yes, that's the idea and it seems to be working ... indeed the band's been contacted and I'm considering helping to organise a tour for an American band - any hints PM me. I only know a few UK agents <says no more>.

I was just miffed about being forced to join and become friends and get stupid messages.

Top Bottom