All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

My Version of Lady Bird

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
You do the mainstream thing so well, but I'm still waiting for the original stuff.

Cheers.

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
You do the mainstream thing so well, but I'm still waiting for the original stuff.

Cheers.
You do the original stuff so well but i'm waiting for the mainstream thing also ,abit humour there.I know you dont enjoy it much and why play it if you dont want to.Hats off to you for staying true to your playing.Have you seen the replys on SOTW.One was how i did not play in the bebop style.I said i did but in my way.Started a funny old riddle.Said i should learn,practice more in that style,i says i did for many years but have long since took my own route.Jazz purists ,well jazz snobs get on my wick.It was a laugh Wade.I stressed the point i do my thing and try to avoid being yet another bop clone.Funny old world it is.

Mike

Good mornin' Davey....different time zone, I know.
Ya can't let what others say bother you. Yes, you play the way you enjoy playing.
This is the internet and in this environment it's important to develop a thick skin.

If you love what comes out of your horn, then who cares what anyone thinks, right? Put it out there and accept it all, both good and bad equally.
Just enjoy the ride man:thumb:

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
You do the original stuff so well but i'm waiting for the mainstream thing also, Jazz purists ,well jazz snobs get on my wick.It was a laugh Wade.I stressed the point i do my thing and try to avoid being yet another bop clone.Funny old world it is.
Thanks for the reply gave me a good laugh. Send me some backing tracks for a standard ballad and I'll do what I can, but then you've got to do some original stuff! I'm with you when it comes to purists. You've definitely got your own style along with a few others (like Mike) who post here and don't attempt to sound or be a clone of some jazz hero out of the 50s. If I haven't said how much your music posts are appreciated then I won't now either as you don't need a big head. Ha!

daveysaxboy

Thanks for the reply gave me a good laugh. Send me some backing tracks for a standard ballad and I'll do what I can, but then you've got to do some original stuff! I'm with you when it comes to purists. You've definitely got your own style along with a few others (like Mike) who post here and don't attempt to sound or be a clone of some jazz hero out of the 50s. If I haven't said how much your music posts are appreciated then I won't now either as you don't need a big head. Ha!
Rather late on the big head front,mines like Herman Munster ......The ME ME ME bubble i live in was a special made to order to fit it.

Ivan

Undecided
Subscriber
You do the original stuff so well but i'm waiting for the mainstream thing also ,abit humour there.I know you dont enjoy it much and why play it if you dont want to.Hats off to you for staying true to your playing.Have you seen the replys on SOTW.One was how i did not play in the bebop style.I said i did but in my way.Started a funny old riddle.Said i should learn,practice more in that style,i says i did for many years but have long since took my own route.Jazz purists ,well jazz snobs get on my wick.It was a laugh Wade.I stressed the point i do my thing and try to avoid being yet another bop clone.Funny old world it is.
Play it how you want

SOTW = Scornful Old Trad Wannabees?

I don't use the site but the attitude sounds rather un-jazz to me... if the spirit of jazz is expression not reproduction

daveysaxboy

Play it how you want

SOTW = Scornful Old Trad Wannabees?

I don't use the site but the attitude sounds rather un-jazz to me... if the spirit of jazz is expression not reproduction
Well said.Anyone on hear knows i try,try being the word to be my own man.Yes i respect and like alot of bop type players but i dont want to be forced into one.The whole point to me is a good sound and finding your own voice/style,some may not like it but if you do and you think its fresh well your a bit further up that never ending road we have taken.All the best players,composers ever are what they are because they have there own vibe.

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom