My recommendations (if you are interested)

OP
half diminished

half diminished

Your Rampone soprano (saxello?) off the loved list? ... Poor thing, I could give it a good home ... >:)
'snot on the list you are observant. I have hardly payed it and so can hardly recommend it though it is beautifully made and should be on anyones shortlist if they have the £3,500 they'd need to buy one! I might be prepared to let it go for the right offer around £1,800 - I might!

Chris98

Well, quickly scanning that list I have to say I own four of those items, one was a gift from that nice Mr Thomas, one was a gift from my parents, I just wish it kept time better, I've noticed though fast or complex passages it speeds up. One makes my tenor very comfortable to play and the other is new to me but promises a whole four octaves! Two I got on your recommendation Ian!

Personally I hated the Marca jazz reeds, so much so that I sent them as far away from me as possible and they are now reside in Spain, well all apart from the two I tried, they live in a box.

I tried the Jody Jazz DVNY and was most grateful that it didn't do anything for me. Ian, have you ever thought about holding back on the photo gear and trying, oh I don't know, a Theo Wanne AMMA mouthpiece? or maybe a Inderbinen sax?

Personally I feel that small itch to try and find the right alto and tenor mouthpieces, a dangerous feeling! My current tenor piece is close but I feel the alto could be a lot closer.

I don’t have any thing to add to Ian’s list but would say the Cebulla sax strap is very nice.

But lets not forget the people, what would it be with out the wonderful characters and inspirational players out there, Pete for this site, Griff and Stephen Howard for their expertise and good humour, Birdman and Nachoman for providing us a place to alleviate our GAS or accentuate it depending on your point of view! Old Git for providing ‘protection’ and words of wisdom that some of us younger players may not fully appreciate yet! And mostly a community that’s friendly, helpful and hopefully not intimidating.

Anyway, Merry Christmas everyone,

Chris

OP
half diminished

half diminished

Stone me Ian, with the loot coming in from all your sponsors, you'll be able to pay for the hall and Karen for your Crimble afternoon.
None, just thought I'd list a few things I have used/use and that I like. Not on commission.

I'll be paying same as the rest for the Karen workshop too.

Two I got on your recommendation Ian!

Personally I hated the Marca jazz reeds, so much so that I sent them as far away from me as possible...

Ian, have you ever thought about holding back on the photo gear and trying, oh I don't know, a Theo Wanne AMMA mouthpiece? or maybe a Inderbinen sax?

Chris
Chris

Glad to help but sorry about the reeds. I just love em.

No more photo gear for some time to come, though I may shift some which I promised mrs hd to do before I get anything else anyway.

Love my current mp and sax and have no interest in trying anything else, though I do have a long-time ambition to own a Mk VI tenor which I may/may not fulfil in 2010. Can't see what an Inderbinen would do for me - now if it meant a private audience with Ms Dulfer...... I could be tempted. :w00t:

Chris98

Ian,

I was trying to work out if you'd missed anything out and then it dawned on me, you haven't got a music stand on your list, is it possible that you have yet to find the ideal music stand?

Best wishes,

Chris

OP
half diminished

half diminished

Ian,

I was trying to work out if you'd missed anything out and then it dawned on me, you haven't got a music stand on your list, is it possible that you have yet to find the ideal music stand?

Best wishes,

Chris
I have a cheap stand that's ok but not something I would particularly recommend which is why I didn't bother mentioning it.

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Cafe Moderator
The FL Ultimate ligature made me laugh. Not that there's anything wrong with it, just the name.

What will their next model be called?

Maybe I'll bring out a ligature, the PPT Penultimate ligature. At least there is then room for improvement.

OP
half diminished

half diminished

The FL Ultimate ligature made me laugh. Not that there's anything wrong with it, just the name.

Maybe I'll bring out a ligature, the PPT Penultimate ligature. At least there is then room for improvement.
I'm hoping you'll next offering will be a PPT for soprano :)

Josh Johnson

Oi Thomas! That was my gag from the old forum. You owe me 17 pence for royalties.

Merry Christmas!

Top Bottom