All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

My own website

Taz

Busking Oracle
Hi folks, I've tried to create my own website. Here's a link to it. I'd appreciate your comments. Please feel free to CRITISISE as much as you feel necessary, be honest please. I won't bear a grudge I promise. I just need your input please.
Thanks in advance, Taz.

nakedlunch

Hi folks, I've tried to create my own website. Here's a link to it. I'd appreciate your comments. Please feel free to CRITISISE as much as you feel necessary, be honest please. I won't bear a grudge I promise. I just need your input please.
Thanks in advance, Taz.
Sorry, where is the link?

Taz

Busking Oracle
:))):))):))) Here That's a bloody good start isn't it :))):)))

The address is petetazmorgan.weebly.com

Thanks for looking

Nick Cook

No dancing girls!!!

A good, interesting start, I assume you're going to be adding more stuff later.

Sorry if I sound a bit derogatory (spelling??), bu t I've had a bit to drink already!!

Taz

Busking Oracle
No Nick, you don't sound derogatory at all. Thanks for taking the time to look and comment. I'm going to add some sound clips as and when I feel they're of a suitable quality, and when I get some other musicians on board I'll add some sort of description of what we can provide. It's just a start.

Saxlicker

Hi Taz,
Site is nice and tidy.
But seeing as you want criticism...

Your tie's a little narrow in the pic on the home page :w00t:
I don't care what Billy Joel has to say about that either!

Chris98

Hi Taz,

Where's the hat? If you're touting for business you need to look the part and the hat is essential. Sorry but you did asked for criticism >:)

On a slightly more serious note, I'd allow a clean line break between paragraphs, I've found it helps me (I'm dyslexic) but I think it's generally helpful, or easier on the eye as well. I'd suggest being consistent with your style, the font size changes on different pages which makes it feel less cohesive.

...And I'd suggest having a links page with 'Pete Thomas' on it, along with other links hopefully, by putting Pete's link along the top as you have it makes it look like part of your website rather than a link to someone elses.

I hope you're going to build your site with some video and sound clips, maybe even a blog?

I kept toying with the idea of building website until I realised I had no idea what I'd put on it! You've got something to offer so I hope your website attracts some interest.

Best wishes,

Chris

Mamos

Looking good Taz
As you say it will be better with sound clips/videos etc

one slight spelling mistake near the end of the home page, recievede

Other than that I love it

mamos

Rico Vandoren

I like it. I think the colour scheme is tasteful and the photographs have energy. I'd prefer it if you referred to yourself in the first person i.e. ' I started to play the sax in 2004' rather than 'Pete started to play the sax in 2004'. I just think it would make the whole thing more personal.
I find your blogs on Pete's site very entertaining, encouraging and informative. Perhaps your site could be a home for these, and perhaps you could post more often.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
You do realise that by using flash on the site, you're wrecking things for the ipad/iphone fanbois :)))

Sue

If at first you don't succeed try try try a Gin
Subscriber
A decent first attempt Taz. I agree with amending Pete Thomas to 'Links' and adding some music but you'll get around to that when you can. I personally don't like the lilac background but that's just picky :) Still better than anything I could do, well done.

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi Taz

Thought it was very good so far ,not sure about the second person description though and how much did you have to pay the cool dude to pose for the pic:welldone

Last edited by a moderator:

Taz

Busking Oracle
Thanks very much for the advice and comments guy's. I really appreciate you taking the time to look.
I've tried to address all the issues that you've pointed out. I've added line breaks between the paragraphs, thanks Chris and Rico I've given it the personal touch. Mamos, I've now added some YouTube videos and I'm uploading another as we speak, and Sue, I now have a separate page for all my links.

Trev whats wrong with my tie :shocked:...... some people don't know style when it jumps up and bites them on the nose! ;}

Thank you all once again.

Rikki

Hi Taz,

Just had a butchers hook at your site.... love the colour scheme, and the cool posy photo shot. but my favourite is the busking video, very impressed with the playing especially out in the open with Joe Public. it takes a lot a guts to do that, much braver than me!

Good onya, Taz and more please!!!!!!!!

Sue

If at first you don't succeed try try try a Gin
Subscriber
Like the links tab :) Looking good and love the vids and clips. A man of many talents, obviously!

Mikec

It certainly looks good. If you're hoping to get work from it I'm not sure that you should have your Biog as the home page. Many people won't be interested in that, perhaps they will want links to sound clips and an idea of the gigs you've played, plus more photos.
If it's simply an amateur site about you it's good.
Minor quibble: On the links page "favourite" is missing its final "e".

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom