All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
Tutorials

Saxophones My New Toy

OP
nigeld

nigeld

I don't need another mouthpiece; but . . .
Subscriber
If its a good un, swap you for a clapped out old buescher. :)
My first bari was a Buescher. Never again! It required a left (Edit: left, not right) hand little finger of steel!
Leaping about on the bell notes is not something to be undertaken lightly on a Buescher.
It sounded good though.

Last edited:

Vetinari

My first bari was a Buescher. Never again! It required a left (Edit: left, not right) hand little finger of steel!
Leaping about on the bell notes is not something to be undertaken lightly on a Buescher.
It sounded good though.
That's why I offered to swap for your new yanagisaw:)

OP
nigeld

nigeld

Subscriber
Does this mean you YBS32 is up for sale or did you p/x?
Yes. I am going to sell the YBS-32. I have been hanging on to it while I got the Yani serviced, but I will put it in the Yardsale.

rhysonsax

Yes. I am going to sell the YBS-32. I have been hanging on to it while I got the Yani serviced, but I will put it in the Yardsale.
I’m sure lots of forum members will be interested to hear your thoughts on the new toy, including how it compares with the YBS-32.

I think that Yamaha is an excellent horn so perhaps you should keep it as a spare or as an investment. I know I would .

Rhys

OP
nigeld

nigeld

Subscriber
The interesting thing about my YBS-32 is how close it is to a YBS-62.

I tried out a YBS-62 about a month ago. When playing loud, there was no discernible difference between them. (A pro player also compared them and came to the same conclusion.) But when played soft, the 62 sounded sweeter at the top end. However, a lot of this seemed to be due to the crook - when I put the 62 crook on my 32, it came pretty close to the 62.

The 992 has a more complex sound. When I compare them, the Yamaha sounds relatively straightforward and clear. Some people may prefer this, in fact I like it myself, but my feeling is that the Yanagisawa will offer a wider range of expression.

My teacher once told me that when he got his (non-bronze) Yanagisawa bari sax it was a toss-up between that and a Yamaha. He felt that the Yamaha had marginally better keywork (the bottom A mechanism is a dream!) but that the Yanagisawa had a marginally better sound.

OP
nigeld

nigeld

Subscriber
The Yamaha is in the YardSale.

Come on! Because you're worth it :)

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Top Bottom