Supporting   special needs music

Saxophones MY New Sax. Unboxing

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
Mike

Yes they packed it well, never mind the coffee, never mind the pockets and zips. Just get the sax out. Mike put the mouthpiece and cards down, reed blow the reed. Oops you can't...

Soft cloth...

Chapstick, strap, you don't need a strap.

I want to see the sax!!!!!!

Yippee and thank goodness it was a one piece

Lovely, very pretty :)

Enjoy Mike, looking forward to hearing it.

Jxx

Alice

Psychedelic
Locality
Kent
I remember the feeling when I unboxed mine too :) It was a very special occasion. Congratulations! :)

Adrian63

Locality
United Kingdom
I would do the same but Friday night or not too much excitement is not healthy.LOL. Enjoy the horn Mike. Ade

jimmylh

Locality
Warner Robins, Georgia USA
Congrats on the new horn. I'm about to order a soprano myself next week sometime.

The-Mikester

Locality
Denmark
Mike

Yes they packed it well, never mind the coffee, never mind the pockets and zips. Just get the sax out. Mike put the mouthpiece and cards down, reed blow the reed. Oops you can't...

Soft cloth...

Chapstick, strap, you don't need a strap.

I want to see the sax!!!!!!

Yippee and thank goodness it was a one piece

Lovely, very pretty :)

Enjoy Mike, looking forward to hearing it.

Jxx
HAHA, I know dude, I'm a VERY patient man :D ... I'll B puttin out sounds real soon , I promise :) ... and BTW It's an amazing sax. :)

Targa

Among the pigeons
Locality
KIC 8462852
You were taking a chance going straight in the top of the box with the knife, when I bought a sax from sax.co.uk there was nothing between the box and the case, doing that would have slashed it.
Opening a box like that I always put it on end and do one edge then lift the top as I run the knife along, less chance of damage to the contents.

Last edited:

The-Mikester

Locality
Denmark
You were taking a chance going straight in the top of the box with the knife, when I bought a sax from sax.co.uk there was nothing between the box and the case, doing that would have slashed it.
Opening a box like that I always put it on end and do one edge then lift the top as I run the knife along, less chance of damage to the contents.
That is true, it was a bit of a chance I took , but i figured that with the total weight of the package being 7 kgs. I kinda expected there to be an extra box inside,most likely due to it being international shipping... I'd also advice people to do it like you suggest , then theres no doubt :)

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Locality
manchester

And I thought you would just use your sharpest claw,Sharp, Short,Curved,Retactable,Close at hand (sorry Paw) ......just the job

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Locality
manchester
Hey Guys & Gals, thought it might be fun to make an unboxing of my new , Selmer-Liberity Soparno Sax. Since not many seem to b familiar with it. I hope you enjoy it;).. I will be Sending out some more videos with my progress and were I'm headed musically.. :cool: Enjoy :)

part 1:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55FbT1J_QIY

Part 2:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK8ZvwGPKkw
Hope you enjoy your new sax,you will probably need a different mpc as the ones that come with the saxes are usually a heap of junk,a yam 4c is probably a good starting point or better still if cash isn't a problem you could go for a sop PPT available from the forum and not have to worry about mpc's for a long time or maybe never

The-Mikester

Locality
Denmark
Hope you enjoy your new sax,you will probably need a different mpc as the ones that come with the saxes are usually a heap of junk,a yam 4c is probably a good starting point or better still if cash isn't a problem you could go for a sop PPT available from the forum and not have to worry about mpc's for a long time or maybe never

Yes thats true,, .. at The momoent I'm usig a Bari espirit ,, and it seems to be doing the job so far ... But I'll B going for something better soon though ... I'm going to see if I get my hands on a

Theo Wanne — GAIA2 Soprano Hard Rubber Saxophone Mouthpiece ...

from what I've heard others doing on it, it's VERY close to what sound I'm hoping to accomplish,, But its VERY expensive and I'll definitely b wanting to try before buy, there just not any places in Danmark that has one or a very big assortment, that I know of, that lets you try out MP's :)

The-Mikester

Locality
Denmark
:D hope you're having fun with your new sax!

Hey thx :cool:,, yes ..It feels really good playing again after all these years, I've just barely had it a week though, but I really feel like I am connecting with it and progressing very quickly :) ... well I can make some amazing sounds with it:cool: ...But my neighbors really have to stop calling animal protection on me, because they think I'm torturing a cat >:) :p ... What do you play Alice?

Alice

Psychedelic
Locality
Kent
That's brilliant, I'm really pleased for you :)
I know it's hard to practice properly with neighbours... I worry too much about how they might feel listening to long tones and scales... It can impede on progress.
Currently I only have a Yamaha Alto, it was the best beginner instrument and a bargain I thought. I also ordered from sax.co.uk and have been over the moon with it. I've been learning for a year and two months and feel as though all the groundwork for tone is paying off. I only wish that I had more theory knowledge and I'm only now embarking on the minor scales and getting to grips with all of the keys. It's hard for me to remember some of the fingerings.

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom