support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • All posts re: Fake (counterfeit) saxophones and scams are now in their own subforum here:

Fakes and Scams

Saxophones My new (old stock) YAS-62

Andante cantabile

A few days ago I bought a new (old stock) YAS-62 at a good discount. It really is new, and it came from Japan. According to Yamaha, its serial number (307xxx) means that it was produced in 2005. AFAIK the 62II version was produced from about 2003. There is, however, no written indication on the body that it may be a 62II. The instrument came with a G1 neck and a 4C mouthpiece (I use a Phil-tone solstice). The key pearls seem to mother-of-pearl or something like that. The case which has latches (i.e. no zipper) was made in Japan. It all looks very good and, above all, it is sheer pleasure to play. I also have a YTS-82z and a T-991, but I can foresee the day when I will mainly play the alto.
There is nothing special about this particular saxophone. I post this item mainly because it is possible to get a find from time to time.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
Congratulations, hope you have years of pleasure @Ads knows a thing or two about Yamahas :)

Jx

Ads

Locality
North West UK
The 62-II Alto is easily identified by the guards around the bell keys are like most other saxes in being separated from the lower ones whereas the Mk1 has a unique single guard which runs all the way down .

The Tenors are different - all the 62 models have the separate guard system..

Andante cantabile

The 62-II Alto is easily identified by the guards around the bell keys are like most other saxes in being separated from the lower ones whereas the Mk1 has a unique single guard which runs all the way down .

The Tenors are different - all the 62 models have the separate guard system..

Thank you very much. Identification made: it is a 62II.

Jeanette: thank you for your kind wishes.

Top Bottom