support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones My Latest (R rated) Ebay Acquisition

jbtsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Beautiful Springville, Utah USA
A Naked Keyless Alto Sax! This one is certain to be easier to play without all of those bothersome levers and buttons to worry about.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
There's someone on YouTube showing how many notes you can get out of one. Great for embouchure/breath control.

Ads

Locality
North West UK
Sax.co have them for £50 if anyone wants to Harmonise :D

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Café Supporter
Locality
The Malverns, Worcs
do you drill the holes yourself? ;)
where do you buy the "accessories" kit from? :rofl:

a sax on a diet :D

jbtsax

Café Supporter
Locality
My first tune on it will be the "One Note Samba". For the bridge, I'll switch to the kazoo.

jbtsax

Café Supporter
Locality
I got the keyless sax today. The harmonics are quite well in tune. My SBA alto neck fits perfectly (and makes it easier to play). With just a bit of practice I can play up to Bb above the staff, but can't quite get the D above that. I have a lesson tomorrow so I may get some tips on how to approach the higher overtones from my teacher.*

* British translation "tutor" :)

milandro

Locality
the Netherlands
Yes, the Rascherites among us ( I am not one) will remember the picture of Sigurd Rascher holding a Keyless Buescher . He advocated the use of these devices to perform his overtone exercises.

These saxophones have been later on produced in China ( some even have only few keys to facilitate the use beyond the sole overtone exercises the so called “ almost keyless saxophone")

rascher-1.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom