My garden

jonf

My garden is covered in beeeeeeeeeeeeees

Covered in beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees:w00t:

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

OP
jonf

jonf

Pretty interesting actually. I had a swarm descend on my garden, and they decided to move into my compost bin. Honey bees, from a hive or feral colony somewhere elase in the village. With two small kids, and a pretty small garden they couldn't really stay, so I rang a local beekeeper. He came and took them all away. All happy, I get rid of the bees, the beekeeper gets a new load of bees and the bees get a lovely new warm hive. Beekeeper reckoned there were about 5000 in the swarm. Took them all away in a cardboard box. I was pretty please to see them. Shows all is clean and healthy round here.

Pee Dee

Plentiful round here. Which is good. The beekeeper has twice been to our tiny village to round up a swarm.
Hopefully the bees are making a comeback. Haven't seen any around here for the last two years, but this year I notice several in the garden.
Maybe we could have a survey, by everyone reporting bee sightings.

thehunt

I've planted lots of bee friendly plants in my garden, my friend is a bee keeper and makes his own honey, they are very important as pollinators of all our foods.

Top Bottom