All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

My first (and probably last) great appearance

maxortensi

Here is a little movie of my performance (I'm the baritone) as a sub for the band where I'm usually the sound engineer.
It was new year's eve in Ferrara main square in front of 30.000 people

Hope you'll excuse some less than perfect tuning, but we were way below 0° C

Last edited by a moderator:

Fraser Jarvis

Really enjoyed that....especially were you guys were jumping up, in a bid to keep warm i guess? BTW our trumpet player did a gig on a stage truck a couple of years ago when we had a bad cold snap, probably minus 10 or something, he was saying he was a whole note flat because of the extreme cold!

TimboSax

Deputy junior apprentice 2nd class
Subscriber
Great fun! Must have been cold, that wasn't dry ice, it was the steam from the drummer's breath!

Played an outdoor gig on a stage truck last year where the weather turned nasty (it was the middle of summer after all) and the wind blew the rain horizontally straight into the stage. That was....fun.

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Hope you'll excuse some less than perfect tuning, but we were way below 0° C
Actually quite a good tuning!
I don't miss outdoor gigs.
Shame they are not showing you in all your baritonity. I am curious to see if for any reason I met you before: your name sounds familiar. Once in Bologna I bought a 1989 Sassicaia from a drunk bar owner for very little money. Forever in my heart.

maxortensi

Actually quite a good tuning!
I am curious to see if for any reason I met you before: your name sounds familiar.
Quite unlikely, at least as a musician.
I started playing just a few years ago, and my firs gig was with the music school jazz band 1,5 years ago.
My name is in a way famous (but it's not me) for bridge players as the italian team captain is called Massimo Ortensi, just like me.
in everyday boring life instead I am a database exoert working for a software company

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom