My Bigband

Halfers

Finger Flapper
Subscriber
To give you an idea of the level that I play at,
It sounds like a very good level. Great stuff!

Having read some stuff on other threads about foot tapping, it's interesting to see the different ways people keep themselves in time and all those feet tapping in different ways ;)

Jonesy

Old Fart At Play
Subscriber
Very good band Mike, quality playing.
Nice place to rehearse (my big band has slightly more people and a room about half that size with awful acoustics).

MikeMorrell

Netherlands
Subscriber
Hi @Jonesy, I play sax in two Big Bands. This one rehearses in the main hall (auditorium) of a primary school, which has great acoustics but its 'social amenities' are limited to a cup of tea or instant coffee during the 15 min. break. Members turn up 10-15 mins beforehand, rehearse and leave 10-15 mins afterwards. My other Big Band rehearses in the back room of a pub which is much smaller, has lousy acoustics, but facilitates a much more lively social life. Many members come early to have a coffee and a chat together. Many have a beer or a glass of wine in the bar during the break and hang around together longer in the bar afterwards.

Very good band Mike, quality playing.
Nice place to rehearse (my big band has slightly more people and a room about half that size with awful acoustics).

Top Bottom