support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

My 1st ever Baritone recording, Take 5

Yea, you can pay that thing. Nice improv and use of effects that's not overdone. Would rather have heard you do something where I didn't have a reference of hearing take five in my head as an alto piece and Paul D.'s magical tone. The Bari as always sounds 'tubby" and not really the right instrument for this piece. Very well played nevertheless with excellent ideas good phrasing and fine tone.

Yea, you can pay that thing. Nice improv and use of effects that's not overdone. Would rather have heard you do something where I didn't have a reference of hearing take five in my head as an alto piece and Paul D.'s magical tone. The Bari as always sounds 'tubby" and not really the right instrument for this piece. Very well played nevertheless with excellent ideas good phrasing and fine tone.

Well i tried to keep it fresh so stayed clear of the alto.Everyone plays this piece on alto.Desmonds tone was magical.I think the bari suits it very well but we all like what we like.I've not had my bari that long.Its my 1st 1 ever so still getting to grips on it.Thanks for support once again

Really good again Davey, both the playing and recording.

Have a listen to this excellent live version by Gerry Mulligan with Brubeck in Berlin. I think it was an encore and the band were on fire (I'm not normally a fan of Dave Brubeck, although I love Paul Desmond's playing).

Rhys

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Compound and Rhys.I enjoy the baritone.Wanted 1 for many many years.Oh the voice of Desmond on alto.Was there ever a better alto jazz sound.Not for me.For style and sound my old school all time faves on alto are Paul Desmond and Cannonball Adderly.

Never hear that before off to find a copy of the album, nice recording davey, spent a few moments listening to the others you have uploaded nice sounds, off to practice and stop dreaming soon.
Love this speeded,funky Mulligan version.Amazing band.Well found Rhys.

Another good one Davey. Now to explore the oother suggestions above.

Absolutely fantastic Davey, if thats you on a bari with little time under your belt, I can't wait to hear you when you really get to grips with the old girl!

Absolutely fantastic Davey, if thats you on a bari with little time under your belt, I can't wait to hear you when you really get to grips with the old girl!

Thanks Taz,means alot to hear this as i know your a bari demon so thanks again.

All I can say is I'm digging the bari playing Davey - as well as the great playing it certainly showcases the System 54 baritone sax - great sounding horn...:thumb:

I can feel some bari G.A.S. comin' along...

Cheers,

Greg S.

P.S. What's the story? You've owned the same saxes for at least 2 months...? :)))

Back
Top Bottom