All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

musicals

I have never really been into musicals, but i have just been watching the dvd of the 25th anniversary concert of les Miserables and i have to say i had the same feeling as when i first heard some of my sax heroes play the four Valjeans were just glorious,
is this one of those " i'll get my coat" posts?

Zoot

Gandalfe

My first musical ever was about five years ago for local theater version of "Anything Goes". I suspect I beat out two other contenders because of my sound, certainly not for my reading ability. I got to play clarinet, tenor, bari and soprano sax. And the soprano sax solo was very nice. But wow did the show suck up the time, three practices a week, then five, then three shows a week for four weeks. Luv'd the group and tried it one more time two years later for "Chorus Line". That experience was horrible and convinced me that I would never do it again. Mostly it was long boring practices where most of the instrumental music was cut in favor of just doing a piano.

I got roped in to doing a show last year, in which I thought was a Big Band gig. I got to play sop and bass clarinet, alto and bari sax. The theater production was called "In the Mood" and it was just a big USO type variety show with the band on the main stage. Now that I would do again. :w00t:

My first musical ever was about five years ago for local theater version of "Anything Goes". I suspect I beat out two other contenders because of my sound, certainly not for my reading ability. I got to play clarinet, tenor, bari and soprano sax. And the soprano sax solo was very nice. But wow did the show suck up the time, three practices a week, then five, then three shows a week for four weeks. Luv'd the group and tried it one more time two years later for "Chorus Line". That experience was horrible and convinced me that I would never do it again. Mostly it was long boring practices where most of the instrumental music was cut in favor of just doing a piano.

I got roped in to doing a show last year, in which I thought was a Big Band gig. I got to play sop and bass clarinet, alto and bari sax. The theater production was called "In the Mood" and it was just a big USO type variety show with the band on the main stage. Now that I would do again. :w00t:
i dont think i could bear to play in one but i might look at a few more, Les Mis has whetted my appetite

Top Bottom