support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

music from the forum

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
You may all be very surprised by this coming from a man of such tender years but I have decided to come out .bare my soul.throw myself on your mercy.reveal my inner self. show off or make a fool of myself. however it may turn out.:w00t:

I would very much like to post some recordings of my playing on the forum for your comments, but due to my total pc illiteracy I haven't got a clue how to go about this I think CHRIS 98 YOUR HELP IS REQUIRED AGAIN and I will be for ever grateful. :welldone

Also has anybody else done this and where can I find these posts I do remember a young new member doing this unfortunately I can't remember his name, are there any more

thanks John

Hello John,

I think it would be great for more people to post their recordings, so if I can help in anyway just let me know.

I'm feeling a little guilty actually as I promised to put together a simple Audacity tutorial/guide for Tom and then ended up getting some part time lecturing work which I needed to do some prep work for and so it got a little sidelined. Tom if you're still around I'm sorry and I've not forgotten.

John perhaps you could fill me in on a few details, do you already have a few recordings that you've done or are you looking to start from scratch?

All the best,

Chris.

P.S. I've just come back from having my first lesson for a while, my teacher has just had a lovely baby girl and unlike my teachers dog she put up with me and my tenor playing without protest or criticism! Sorry, just humour me, I'm just riding the buzz of having had a great lesson.

Hello Chris

Thanks for your lightning reply

I'll be starting from scratch I do have a musical recording gadget that I play about with,it's a BOSS MICRO BR if you've heard of it, you can record about 4 different tracks on it and then put them together I think and you can download on to a pc from it.I have recorded one or two things on to it but not of the quality I would like to post.It has it's own built in mic but I use another separate cheap mic that I plug in to it,then I play it back through my TV surround sound system, I've not connected it to the pc yet,my tutor thinks it's good enough to do anything I might want to do.

I know there are recording aids you can download but I wouldn't know where to start in as much as the best programmes for my use your help and advice will be much appreciated.

I've just listened to your jumpin jam thought it was great,I have downloaded the stuff that Pete supplied, opened the dots but can't open the backing stuff I don't know what I've done wrong there ,,,thanks in anticipation John

Hi John,

Today I've made a start putting together a quick guide to "Audacity' (a free multi-track recording program) So that might be a good way to get you started. I'm going to (hopefully) borrow a Windows machine (I'll have to have a long shower afterwards ;}) to see what the differences between the Mac and Windows versions of the program are.

I've just downloaded the Manual for your BOSS MICRO BR and will have a look at it.

I've just listened to your jumpin jam thought it was great,I have downloaded the stuff that Pete supplied, opened the dots but can't open the backing stuff I don't know what I've done wrong there
Thanks, I'm having a lot of fun with the tune, last night I tried it at 200 which seems very fast!

With the backing tracks, did you download the zip file in the Audio demos and downloads thread?

When you open up the zip file you'll find a special document, in that document you'll find a secret link, and when you click on it, you are taken into Pete's private and most secret lair! In there is a media player.

Hover your mouse over the track you want to download and on the right hand side next to the file name a little down arrow appears (↓) click on the arrow and the file should automatically start to download. Just make sure you point your computer to a sensible place to download the file to.

It's a normal mp3 and so should easily be played by windows media player or QuickTime or iTunes.

Grab the two demos as well and then you can hear what it's really supposed to sound like :w00t:

Let me know how you get on,

Best wishes,

Chris

Thanks Chris

Job done I've got all the tracks now, you seem to be able to give instructions I understand when most pc experts seem to speak a different language

I'm lookiing forward to seeing this Audacity thing and what you think of my gizmo.I think I'll give the tune a try now.

john

Hi John,

That's good, hope you have fun with the tune, are you playing alto or tenor?

By the way I'm no PC expert, or an expert in anything come to think of it. I've done a fair bit of instructing on computers over the years, mainly Final Cut Pro which is an video editing package, but I'm pretty much self taught with all the short comings and advantages that provides.

Anyway, good luck and enjoy getting your teeth into Jumpin' Jam,

All the best,

Chris