Music for dummies

thehunt

Following on from my thread about minor chords i was put in the direction of this book. Music for dummies.
It takes a complete novice from having no musical theory knoweledge through to more abdvanced players, as they say in the blurb, many classically trained musicians can read music very well but cannot improvise whereas many jazz players have no theoretical knowledge but can improvise so this book can fill in those gaps that many may have. It is good, as i for example have a certain knoweldge of theory but have started to become a bit confused about the various types of scales/ chords etc.
The book outlines these in a very concise manner and although i have only had it a day feel it will help in my understanding.
There are chapters on Rhythm, tempo etc and the book has over 300 pages and it also comes with a CD so you can hear the various scales.
I have not had to time to read it all but at £8.00 think it is worth it.
Phil

OP
thehunt

thehunt

Mine came really quick but as i said i have not had time to look at all of it. You were right though Nick at the fron of the grade four five book there is a bit of info there about chords etc. Thanks for that. Let us know what you think of it?
Just had my e-mail from Amazon to say it's been despatched, so should get it soon (I took the cheapskate free delivery option!!)

Rock Lobster

Hi everyone, sorry if i am being a bit daft here, is this "Music Theory for Dummies" by Holly Day and Michael Pilhofer? Just dont want to buy the wrong one.

Thanks,

Top Bottom