All profit supporting   special needs music

Moved from What pads to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbtsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Beautiful Springville, Utah USA
"Goofball" was a derogatory reference to my method of turning round diamond files using a cordless screwdriver made by another member. I would hope that this "off topic" thread is not others "piling on". :(

nigeld

Too many mouthpieces
Café Supporter
Locality
Bristol, UK
"Goofball" was a derogatory reference to my method of turning round diamond files using a cordless screwdriver made by another member. I would hope that this "off topic" thread is not others "piling on". :(

Definitely not my intention. I’m very sorry that it appeared that way.

just saxes

Commercial Supporter
Locality
Santa Cruz, CA
What @jbtsax outlined is exactly what I would do, only I probably wouldn't do it all that well, so I would ask him to do it for me.

If more of the top techs posted on forums like this you would have a different point of view, IMO.

Not trolling. IMO this is a fact.

just saxes

Commercial Supporter
Locality
Santa Cruz, CA
I have a sense of what your response will be, admitone, so I add this: go survey the guys who make necks, make saxophones, do radical custom work, and see if what I say is unfair.

I am in a better position than you to know what that'd be. That may seem unfair, but it's also a fact.

just saxes

Commercial Supporter
Locality
Santa Cruz, CA
Well...those that have not been exposed for ripping people off. There are only a few of those -- there are very few techs that do radical (meaning extreme, requiring some design knowledge) work, and a few of those have turned out to be charlatans/rip-off artists -- so with some care, those ones with personality disorders (usually some form of sociopathy) will be easy to avoid. I'm not one of em. But I did maintain an open mind to what they had to say. Valid claims by jerks are just as valid as the same claims made by friendly-faced, passive-aggressive types. I have probably learned as much testing the claims of some of those rip-off artists, and finding out what amidst their claims was valid and what wasn't, as from anybody else.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
I'm closing this thread. Posts were removed from the original thread so as not to derail the original discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.