PPT mouthpieces

Mouthpiece Refacing 2022

Sonnenkind

Locality
Isle of Wight
Hi all, are there any mouthpiece refacers currently providing a service in the UK right now? I messaged Morgan Fry but no response and the phone number quoted on his site is not his, I also messaged Ed Pillinger but had the same response. I note the previous thread regarding this subject but they are a few years old and wondered if things had changed or if there is someone else?

Im in France but I do work for people all over. I dont personally know of any UK guys other than Ed. Morgan disappeared and last I knew was leaving the UK…heading home to the US.

Ed Pillinger is still in business - I have dealt with him a couple of times this year. But I do know that he is very busy indeed.

Other UK-based mouthpiece makers and refacers that I have dealt with have either stopped, moved away or died. These include: Morgan Fry (moved to US and probably stopped), Lawrie Waldron (stopped), Prof. Anton Weinberg (retired), Bill Wrathall (died).

Hopefully someone will chime in with some active and good UK refacers.

Since Brexit it is no longer so easy or cost effective to use EU-based refacers, but there are some good ones.

Rhys

Im in France but I do work for people all over. I dont personally know of any UK guys other than Ed. Morgan disappeared and last I knew was leaving the UK…heading home to the US.
Yes we have spoken (by mail) before, and Brexit has meant customs changes here and France make this non-viable for the piece I want to be made good. It’s a waste but I’ll have to think about buying something new.

Ever thought of DYI?
If one has a favourite piece that has become unplayable, why not try learning the technique?

Would this assist?
Mouthpiece kit
MM kit
How to do it
Advice
How it's done

There would be many other tride and trusted techniques that don't cost this type of money.

There is also, other equipment suppliers that sell their own tool kit packs?

If you break the one you already have, what have you lost?