support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Mouthpieces Mouthpiece Madness - Multiple Mouthpiece Tests

Jmoen3

Locality
Colorado
I stumbled across way too many mouthpieces all at once, so here is a spot to display them!

First up - Soprano pieces - 10mfan Virtuoso 5* vs Arnold Montgomery Ankh 7
I receieved the Virtuoso just this week and am in love! Its so easy to play. I was amazed how short and fat the little thing was too - I got a Rovner Platinum lig fit to it, but also have a Rovner Light, and a BARI brand 2 screw lig that fits it.
I receieved the Ankh from Avel Sound Concept, and it is stellar as well. Beautifully made piece, crazy design. I love the tone, but I will say - not nearly as easy to play as the Virtuoso, even with softer reeds to compensate for the tip.

Heres Watermelon man, featuring the Virtuoso for the first 16 bars, and Ankh for the second - trading 16 bars for the whole son - No Reverb

And here they are separated for a short chorus of Ain't No Sunshine - Boney James Cover
Virtuoso

Ankh

On Tenor - A Bob Dukoff Hollywood .108! A dream piece of mine, I decided to test this one over the SotW B&I TOTM, thanks Guido for the lovely tune. I tried to do some Dexter Gordon songs, but decided I would need more practice time to work those up. I love this thing, even if I don't prefer it over my other mouthpieces.

Alto - Otto Link Tone Master .061 Refaced by Maxime of Avel Sound Concept - Wonderfully done work and this thing is singing beautifully. This was my last bit of time to record today, so I went with my all time favorite Hodges track - What's the Rush for a single chorus.

Also, a Jody Jazz DV 7 on alto thats featured in my video for the regular SotW TOTM:

And this doesn't even include the Otto Link Florida No USA tenor and Dukoff D6 alto I am still working on! getting back very shortly! Will also be working up the full version of Ain't no Sunshine on the Virtuoso!

Hoping to do solo recordings on all my pieces shortly, then decide which ones to let go of! Will try to feature the characteristics of each piece :)

Mouthpiece Images:

Alto - Tone Master .061
PXL_20201112_184315383.jpg

PXL_20201112_184326486.jpg

The whole Family:
PXL_20201112_192036265.jpg

Back Row Tenor Pieces, Left to Right:
Dukoff Hollywood .108, 10mfan Chameleon, 7** Marantz Double Ring Legacy 7*, 10mfan Daddy-O 6 (alto)

Middle Row, Alto Pieces
Gottsu Sepia Tone 7, Dukoff SPC D6, Vandoren Transitional 1950s .075, Jody Jazz DV 7

Front Row, Soprano Pieces:
Yani Metal 5*, AM Ankh 7, 10mfan Virtuoso 5*, Otto Link Tone Master .061(alto)

Back
Top Bottom