PPT mouthpieces

Morning coffee and biscuits...nom nom nom... get togethers, anyone?

Darcy_doo

Locality
Thanet area, Kent
Any kent sax players interested in doing a public met up for a coffee (or beer!) so we can talk shop, bounce ideas of each other, supports each others bands/gig/ jam sessions, and just for general fellowship?
Just moved to Kent in septemeber and don't really know anyone yet, well, no one that is into the same things as me!
what do you think?

Oh I saw coffee and biscuit and thought - I'm off there. Kent too far for me but I believe there are a few Kentish folk on here. My pal lives near Rochester and is a sax lover - keep trying to get her to join the forum. Will giver her a shout as she may well be up for a kent meet. :)

I think it is a great idea. I can see an East Midlands periodic meet up happening (if the others agree). Find a nice central pub!

Agreed Kent is a bit far for a coffee... prefer mine warm.... However if anything happens East of Nottingham and north of Cambridge I might just manage it.

The first smart-a** to suggest Hartlepool is getting a smack :) even though it meets my criteria

Sounds like a plan is coming together.

Agreed Kent is a bit far for a coffee... prefer mine warm.... However if anything happens East of Nottingham and north of Cambridge I might just manage it.

The first smart-a** to suggest Hartlepool is getting a smack :) even though it meets my criteria

Skegness>:):shocked:

Don't dis Skeggy, half of my family come from there and we used to run stuff like the swimming pool, the mini train etc.

OMG! My overriding memory of Skeggy is the mud when the tide is out.

And the thick black oil that coated yr legs when you sank thru the mud.

Yes, but I was thinking that was just something I had imagined and it couldn't possibly be a genuine memory.

Sorry! After years of holidays there (free) i have to confirm it to be true. These days i tend to head direct to gibraltar point or mavis enderby.

Sorry! After years of holidays there (free) i have to confirm it to be true. These days i tend to head direct to gibraltar point or mavis enderby.

If I were to head for Mavis my wife would have a fit....

Skegness does have it's good points though, Gibraltar being one of them :thumb:

Has Skeggy still got the fair and the WQall of Death? Spent many happy hours there when taking clients on the High Performance Course.

There is still a fair there but I'm sure the wall of death is gone. When I was a kid I always wanted to have a go on the bikes on the wall of death - how strange a child I must have been (still am say many). Mind you I haven't been to Skeg for a few years but I do remember the crazy golf course.

East Midlands meet - all welcome to come to mine - darling husband is a whizz with the coffee pot and biscuits :)

My word this is dredging up memories. My gt aunt was married to the bloke who performed as "Speedy Towers Wall of Death" sy skeg.

There was also a youngster who rode a two stroke Suzuki, whilst the elder rode a big Yank, possibly an Indian. Always took great delight in throwing the kickstarter on the floor after starting. Both bikes had left hand throttles and the young 'un put a new rear tyre on the biggie with loads of Swarfega. Forgot to wash it all off and the main man fell off on the 45 degree transition angle and broke his leg.

I must be getting old.

Any kent sax players interested in doing a public met up for a coffee (or beer!) so we can talk shop, bounce ideas of each other, supports each others bands/gig/ jam sessions, and just for general fellowship?
Just moved to Kent in septemeber and don't really know anyone yet, well, no one that is into the same things as me!
what do you think?
Hi Darcy where in Kent do you propse meet it`s a good idea regds N.

Last edited by a moderator:
Canterbury perhaps? as its a major place most people know, I see you're in london? i LOVE LONDON! since i live in Margate and dont drive, i use the train a lot so im felixible to go anywhere, or we could find a place thats half way from both of us?
Darcy x