All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

More musical meanderings

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
I'm still struggling to get a decent recorded sound for the clarinet. I'm not sure if it's mic quality or position. It seems a lot more fussy than the saxophone.

Profusia

Locality
Worcestershire
It really is a lovely tune isn't it. And a lovely sensitive rendition Colin. You're on quite a recording frenzy! Nice work. Enjoyed muchly.

Jamesmac

I'm still struggling to get a decent recorded sound for the clarinet. I'm not sure if it's mic quality or position. It seems a lot more fussy than the saxophone.

Dont think there is much difference myself. I generally position the mic to get an even sound from the instrument, and so allow, as much as possible a natural lows and highs if you like from the music. The mic for clarinet is better placed closer to the top joint, but it's only relative as to how much of the room s natural acoustics you want to include.:thumb:

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Nicely done Colin. Misery stick living up to it's name, but it's not that bad. Pretty good in fact.

Jamesmac

Press rec and play a slow chromatic scale and see if they are even. Especially around the break area.

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom