support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones MkVI - Too good to be true ?

Ads

Last edited by a moderator:
the advert sounds genuine but a tidy MkVI tenor for £2400 with 4 decent Mpcs (2 of which are metal Dukoffs) .. I`m not in the market but for someone close enough this could be a relly good buy even though it has been relaquered

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/selmer-paris-mark-vi-tenor-saxophone/1034131836#photo-content

Ad has now disappeared off Gumtree ...... Hmmmm

Looks like it has been removed.

Or just went up to 5.5K http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/fabulous-selmer-mk-vi-tenor/1033640799

In the past I found some great MkVI or SBA for sale on gumtree.
All of them were in Aberdeen or Shetland Islands, reasonably priced, no paypal, not possible to try them....

I always wondered if Shetlanders were all MkVI os SBA players.

All of them were in Aberdeen or Shetland Islands, reasonably priced, no paypal, not possible to try them....

I once found a nice mark 6 on craigslist that was supposedly in London, when I enquired it turned out to be in the Shetland isles, really dodgy site that...

For this to work there needs to be someone so gullible that they just say "Oh…that's much too far to go to try it, so I'll just send a big bag of money and hope for the best", yes?

I suppose they must exist in sufficient numbers to make such scams worth repeating.

No, I enquired about a King Silversonic listed on London Craiglist, and was told the location was Shetland Islands.

It seems quite reasonable to me.
A lot of people in the Shetland Islands play the saxophone where they won't annoy the neighbours and they ask their friends in London to sell them because there is more chance of a sale.

despite the fact that the Netherlands are a relatively small country we have our remote parts of the country too, namely Friesland or Groningen or Limburg.

Although it is true that I have bought many musical instruments in all of these regions, which are particularly rich of brass and woodwinds bands, the ultra cheap but very coveted saxophones are ALWAYS there and belong to someone who has cleared all his accounts and is about to leave next week to emigrate to Australia or for a long tour of duty with a Greepeace vessel.

I keep on telling Marktplaats (our local equivalent to craiglist) that nobody in his right mind sells a Mark VI or a SBA for less than I do :) and yet they don’t believe me!

No, I enquired about a King Silversonic listed on London Craiglist, and was told the location was Shetland Islands.

I queried this one to some time ago, slightly of topic but worth a mention, a word of warning re Gumtree, a punter went to view an Audi advertised for sale for £5000, got there, no car, just three geezers with knifes, punter no longer has his five grand.

This is why I`d never take or accept large amounts of cash - I`ve heard similar related stories about the seller ending up with counterfeit cash ....... if I had to do a deal like that, it`d be with arrangement to meet in a public place .

Before I got mine, I emailed someone on Gumtree enquiring about a MKVI for around £2,500 to ask for a serial number. I received an email from Gumtree the next day to say the listing was fraudulent. A lot of it about, especially for sought after stuff.

When I got to the house of the seller yesterday (Yam 62) I was greeted by two 78 year old pensioners. Their grandson didn't bother to show up!! I am 18.5 stone just over 6 feet tall with grade one haircut and a goatee beard. Slightly imposing for two frail senior citizens (who were an absolute delight!). After discussing the rugby and introducing myself I counted out the £850 cash and said farewell. I was slightly upset with the grandson because more unscrupulous people could have done a number of things.

The grandson only had a mobile number for me and an eBay address. Too trusting or couldn't be bothered?

Back
Top Bottom