support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Mouthpieces misplaced my m/piece

C_Claudemonster

Formerly saxgirl22
Tonight I was just off to band when I started to check all bits in my sax case, good job I did as I've stupidly misplaced or lost my Lawton 6* tenor m/p. I've turned my flat upside down and can't think for the life of me what I've done with it! I'm quite upset as it's my perfect set up and it's nowhere to be seen. The last time I had it out was when I was testing the Arbiter I have for sale and I remember putting it away in the case but it's not there :( I'm so upset as a very kind band member actually gave this to me 3 yrs ago.
Sorry for a nonsense post but I just wanted some understanding from fellow sax players as the hubby doesn't get it haha :)

Well I am a bit far off to help you find it, but I do hope that you do. I just started playing, but it took me a bit to find a mouthpiece/ reed that workes for me. I would hate to misplace it. Yours will turn up, probably some place exceedingly silly, that how these thing always work out.

Stand up, now turn to the right seven times saying

"Saint Anthony, Saint Anthony,
Return what does not belong to thee!"

It'll turn up shortly after (along with all sorts of stuff you forgot about!)

Thanks all! Yes, I didn't sleep very well. It's upset me as like you say, it takes an age to get that perfect set up. I've just played in a new reed and it was going well. I will have another look in the case and down the bell!!

"Saint Anthony"?? ..he might be the same poltergeist that "disappeared" the original neck for one of my old Baritones last week
I know it's in our house, SOMEWHERE.... [unless it's gone withe the trash ;-( ]

This might sound stupid, but try walking round the flat saying out loud something like "I can't find my mouthpiece". I've noticed I often find things just after vocalising the problem. It's as if saying it activates a different part of the brain and triggers a memory of where you left it or saw it. Don't know if that can really happen but it seems to work (sometimes!).

This might sound stupid, but try walking round the flat saying out loud something like "I can't find my mouthpiece". I've noticed I often find things just after vocalising the problem. It's as if saying it activates a different part of the brain and triggers a memory of where you left it or saw it. Don't know if that can really happen but it seems to work (sometimes!).

A therapist just joined, perhps you should book some sessions >:)

Update!!! Guess where I found it.................Yep, in the bottom of the sax I was blasting the other night. I feel like a proper fool bc I've told everyone at band etc. hahaha but I'm glad it's here - so at least one of you was correct in the theory of checking down the bottom of the sax :)
I nearly did purchase one off eBay as I was so gutted but lucky timing and money saving!