Tutorials

Millie's Moo

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Recorded at last night's practice. An Oldie-timey tune that the guitarist does. He knows what he’s doing, I’m improvising 100%. You’ll hear that he changes the breaks each time (and expects me to know what he’s about to do!). Frenetic but fun.

The guitar is isolated on one channel so you can download it and give this a try yourself. Post here if you wish. Only stipulation is that you can’t go make $$ with it unless you talk to the guitarist first. You may hear some odd noises in the background; we were trying out a percussionist, but didn’t mike him.
http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11256506&q=hi
Comment if you wish.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigMartin

Very nice, thanks. Do I have to have a soundclick account to download it? I might have a go at this except I'm not sure my ear is up to figuring out what's going on in the harmony. Any clues?

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Thanks fellows, glad you like. I thought it possible to download from soundclick but could be confused with soundcloud (where I also put tunes). PM me with your E-mail address and I can send as an MP3. The form is fairly simple and shouldn't give you any problem. Basically in B minor (for the Bb soprano, Concert A minor). This obviously isn't a "standard" so there is no variation on a known tune that's in anyone's head. Just "playing the changes" is therefor musically meaningless. Best to try to hear and play a melodic line that works.

Top Bottom