All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Mille Dowler. Saxophonist.

ManEast

Mille Dowler.

I have struggled with this so please bare with me.

I have always felt the urge to mark the passing of Mille ever since I first saw Mille's video footage of her playing Saxophone. It cut to the core for me to see this young talent taken from our fraternity in such a cruel way.
I feel an instinctive loss. As will now never know how Mille would have developed as an Individual and as a Musician.

We will miss you Mille; May you now rest in peace, and may your family now finely find some solace in this sometimes cruel and insensitive world.

Ricky Eastman

Young Col

Ricky
I think that's very well expressed and I emphathise completely.
I hope the family find some solace now too. I feel they were treated appalingly by the defence counsel, who went far beyond the right to test the evidence and the judge should have stopped it. At least there is now to be a review of court procedures, but as always, it is too late for this case. I'll say no more as it verges on the political, if not the Political.
Thanks Ricky.
YC

Clivey

I`m really sorry but all this just makes me so bitter and angry that that Creep is still alive and well.
I would gladly shoot the c=== myself for what he has done.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Always felt for the lass and any other loss of young life. Used to work out that way, so was familiar with the territory.

The defence lawyer was only doing what defence lawyers do, offer the best defence possible to their clients. Confine their question zones and you have one of the oversea systems of justice that are regularly criticised by Amnesty International.

No apology for being serious.

Young Col

No, I fully accept the defence's right to test the evidence. I've been a prosecution witness and always expected my evidence to be tested and my credibility to be questioned. What I was concerned about here was going beyond what was necesssary, given the nature of the defence case. To be honest I was surprised that the family were called as prosecution witnesses in the first place.

None of that detracts from the poignancy of Ricky's thread. Sorry to sidetrack it.
YC

trimmy

One day i will...
This case could turn out to be a landmark case, as already there is talk of change (and so there should be) so maybe Millie will leave her mark on society, and hopefully her family can try to resume as normal life as possible.
I shudder to think how i would react to a devasting death in the family such as the way Millie was killed

RIP Millie

ManEast

Leaving all of the anger, rights and wrongs of this case to one side.

At my very first Sax lessons my teacher (Mr Colin Moore) would have me stand in front of a mirror to achieve a correct embouchure. What I had to look for was two dimples in the cheeks. This was the first thing I noticed present on Milles's Video. Then to discover in the same breath she had gone.

This post for me was a show of solidarity for Mille and her Family. A time to forget about difference in opinion on Ligatures, baffles, etc.
A good time to remind us all that we all have something far more important in common. That is an incredible love of this Instrument called the Saxophone.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
I think we all feel with you Ricky. Too many sick things in this world, and sadly Mille is only one of the victims.

Music's a great healer, allows us to express our grief in something much more powerful than words. And also helps to rebuild and give hope despite the mess & sickness. Eric Clapton's "Tears in Heaven" is just one piece like that.

Maybe try and make something positive out of this? Write a piece in commemoration? Do something for a kids charity?

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom