support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Military Volunteer Bandsman

Pusser

Locality
UK
Hello,

I am new to this forum. My background is military volunteer/voluntary bands. I started playing about twelve years ago, self taught with a fingering chart, a "Tune a Day" book and a borrowed tenor. I have played with four or five volunteer bands, Naval and RAF and absolutely love it. Hard work at times but a great way of making music, friends and progress as a sax player. My current top love is baritone, but I am happy to fill any seat as required.

Big welcome from me. Sounds as if you're having fun and will enjoy the forum. Good name, but I guess th non-brits need to look it up....

Welcome, I only joined the forum recently. Everyone is really friendly and happy to chat and answer questions.:)

Jx

Big welcome from me. Sounds as if you're having fun and will enjoy the forum. Good name, but I guess th non-brits need to look it up....

Thank you. I will put the non-Brits out of their misery and confusion. "Pusser" is slang for the Royal Navy.

Welcome aboard - enjoy the madness that is Cafe Sax!

Cheers,

Amanda

Thank you. I will put the non-Brits out of their misery and confusion. "Pusser" is slang for the Royal Navy.

I'm a Brit and it's the first I've heard of it.

Welcome. I've learned something from you already!

Ello Pusser ...

*Sunray Salutes from Norfolk*

Welcome to the forum mate ...

So - You was in the band ... [Nice one mate] :welldone

Er - I guess that means you weren't you a deckhand on a submarine then? ;}

Enjoy your stay here ... :w00t:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Pusser

Seems like welcome aboard is the correct welcome, hope you enjoy sailing with us...john

Welcome to the caff©, pusser or should that be Andrew or the Grey Funnel Line.

ENJOY!

Hello,

I am new to this forum. My background is military volunteer/voluntary bands. I started playing about twelve years ago, self taught with a fingering chart, a "Tune a Day" book and a borrowed tenor. I have played with four or five volunteer bands, Naval and RAF and absolutely love it. Hard work at times but a great way of making music, friends and progress as a sax player. My current top love is baritone, but I am happy to fill any seat as required.

Hi Pusser - Welcome to the cafe, its better than the NAAFI in here mate!

Enjoy and join in.

Les.

Hi Pusser, welcome aboard from this ex-Portsmouth Dockyard electrical fitter.
Those were the days in the '50s/'60s when we had a navy and 12,000 men employed in the yard!!!

John.

Hi Pusser, welcome aboard from this ex-Portsmouth Dockyard electrical fitter.
Those were the days in the '50s/'60s when we had a navy and 12,000 men employed in the yard!!!

John.

What ever happened?:(

...and the days when you got a large tot of Pusser's every day. Welcome!
YC

What ever happened?:(

It was the beginning of the end for G.B. Engineering Ltd. :crying:
I served a 5 year apprenticeship,the first 10 months pushing a file, from 07.00 to 17.00hrs. with an hour for lunch. At the end of that time I could work comfortably to 0.001", with the right attitude to the job - "near enough isn't good enough".
I'm afraid that sort of training is long gone.

Grumpy old johnboy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Pusser,

Welcome to the Mad House, whoops meant the Cafe! :sax:

Happy blowing,

Paul

Drank some when I was on Tortola a week or so back :D Lovely it was too!

I think I may have had too much already... I read that as " drank some when I was on a Tortilla" - not quite sure what image appeared in my head there :))) :)))

Welcome aboard Pusser

Back
Top Bottom