All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Midnight in the Naked City pre orders (and an apology)

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
Midnight in the Naked City is now on sale for pre orders.

I must apologise to anyone who has already paid, due to administrative error, the wrong price was originally put on the online store, it has now been corrected. If anyone has already paid £11.99, it is now £9.99 and I will happily refund you the difference. Please contact me if you would like the refund.

£11.99 is the price for signed copies, so I could just switch it to that if you'd prefer.

Details on the CD, soundfiles and videwo:

http://tamingthesaxophone.com/midnight.html

PS: Sheet music and backing track (The Midnight Playalongs) will also be available from Nov 28.

JasonC

Do you have a sample of the sheet music? I would be interested in this unless it's way above my level of playing!

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
Do you have a sample of the sheet music? I would be interested in this unless it's way above my level of playing!
Not at the moment but I will see about putting some up on the site once I get some time.

I would say the music is actually quite easy, a couple of simple blues and the more complex tunes are slow. I think if you are a beginner it will be fine, especially as you can listen to the actual tracks and learn by ear as well as reading.

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Have just received my copy of the CD and it's blooming fantastic; funny, beautiful,breathtaking and sleazy, with a nod to many old masters.
Just beware of the CD cover it almost contains nuts.

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
Have just received my copy of the CD and it's blooming fantastic; funny, beautiful,breathtaking and sleazy, with a nod to many old masters.
Just beware of the CD cover it almost contains nuts.
Well, one of the tunes is called "Coco de Mer". I've never seen one (in person) but it's one of my life's ambitions.

Targa

Among the pigeons
Subscriber
I've only played mine twice a day for the last week, it really is rather good.

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Oh yes- listened to it on the way into work this morning.... just my kind of stuff (By the way- is that THE Richard Thompson on guitar?). For anyone liking this album, am I allowed to recommend a very similar collection which i've been enjoying for the last couple of years- http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/ronniemagri

old git

Tremendous Bore
First one ended in my spam folder and second in inbox.

Must protest as the Spam version did not make satisfactory fritters.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
First one ended in my spam folder and second in inbox.

Must protest as the Spam version did not make satisfactory fritters.
I thought you were a vegetarian.... The truth is out now, OG is a charlatan...

TomMapfumo

I'll just have to wait 'til Christmas for my special surprises.............;}

Are there any Films Noir that you would recommend to accompany the music?

Fraser Jarvis

Just got my copy, i think you sound very Earl Bostic on alto, and dare i say it very Sax Gordon on tenor....

Were you using your 10m on track 7 by the way?

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom