All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Midlife crisis ?

Pug

Hi everyone. Another new starter to the alto sax in his late forties
I’ve always wanted to be able to play an instrument but never seemed to get round to it. With the kids getting older and having a bit of time on my hands a little googling brought me to this fantastic café.
Read the superb, Chris' Beginners' Diary (Take II), which really made the decision for me to get out and buy one. The local shop did a fair deal at the weekend on a T/James classic on the hire / purchase. They also provided me with a list of local tutors, who I will be calling as soon as I get paid.
I can’t think of any questions that haven’t already been asked and answered.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Big welcome from me.

I think many of us started this way. So yes - we'll support your diagnosis.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Big welcome from me too:)

Having a tutor is a good idea, hope you enjoy your sax.

Jx

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Hi Pug, welcome to the Café from me as well..

Enjoy the sax...

Chris...:sax:

Fraser Jarvis

Midlife crisis? errr, absolutely, lets face it when you get to our age your willing to try anything to make yourself look cool!

Sunray

Wot they all said Pug ...

Welcome to the Cafe mate ... :thumb:

So - Tell us all about your musical tastes and preference ...

We are "mostly" nosey buggers here ... ;}

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
You do know Chris gets 10% commission on all sax sales to midlife crisisers in the UK.
He's opening a Sax, drugs and Rock and Roll bar on the Costa del Sol next summer on the proceeds.
Welcome Pug, no questions yet? Give it time.

Andy

TomMapfumo

Hi Pug!

A Big Welcome to the Cafe from the Skabertawe Horn Collective down by yer in Wales, mind! Not really a Mid-Life crisis, more of a Mid Life Realisation - when we realise that we have certain ambitions which we have not even started to fulfil and that time is not always going to be available. For many it is either get a sax, get a bike, or get both - any metal machine that makes a dreadful noise and then take up the challenge of making it sound better!

Hope your time learning the Alto Sax is enjoyable. Just make sure you learn to play what you want to play, don't get sidetracked, and follow your heart. Look forward to hearing how you get on. The last time I was in Northumbria was on my second honeymoon, staying in Blanchland some 22 years ago. Fond memories!

Kind regards
Tom (53 yo)

trimmy

One day i will...
Welcome to the.cafe Pug :)

My midlife crisis was returning to biking (motor) in my early 40's, wish it had been the sax

Enjoy your new sax :)

BigMartin

I hope my sax-playing is a mid-life crisis. Means I should make it to 102.

Welcome. Hope you have as much fun with it as I am.

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom