PPT mouthpieces

Microphones Mics again

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
I'm looking at buying a new Samson mic would it be worth the extra money for the co3 rather than the co1 and are there other alternatives that would be better for similar money .....John

I'm looking at buying a new Samson mic would it be worth the extra money for the co3 rather than the co1 and are there other alternatives that would be better for similar money .....John

The CO1 is what it is a canny mic.Not great but alot better than your PC internal mic.It is fine for starting out .The CO3 will be atad better ,i find you get what you pay for.My 2 main mics are a SE2200A Condenser mic and a EV RE320 large dynamic mic which can be used for live and studio.Both are great.The SE was over £200 new and id the UK's best selling condenser mic and the EV was over £250 new.I favour the EV now.Took time sorting out to find the best natural flat sound on it.You want a USB mic and the Samson G-Track looks nice and under £100,latency is low and it has a built in interface.I prefer the normal way of audio interface into a normal studio mic.If it were me i'd get a condenser mic and a seperate interface.Theres loads about at a good price.

Thanks for the reply so soon Davey I use an interface already so I'm not going for a USB mic I was wondering how Shure and Rhode mics might fit into the equation have you any knowledge of them.I appreciate you get what you pay for but my hobby usage doesn't warrant that kind expenditure,you may have noticed I'm only looking because I broke my stopgap cheapp Philips mic and thought I might as well upgrade rather than just replace with another......John

Ps the g track caught my eye too OH DEAR too many choices for me

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply so soon Davey I use an interface already so I'm not going for a USB mic I was wondering how Shure and Rhode mics might fit into the equation have you any knowledge of them.I appreciate you get what you pay for but my hobby usage doesn't warrant that kind expenditure,you may have noticed I'm only looking because I broke my stopgap cheapp Philips mic and thought I might as well upgrade rather than just replace with another......John

Ps the g track caught my eye too OH DEAR too many choices for me

PM Sent