support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Microphones Mic bracket for a standard mic

Taz

Busking Oracle
Locality
Rugby UK
Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a clip on bracket that holds a standard sized mic? I know that Big J McNeely used to use something along the lines in this great video. I'm having some real feed back issues with smaller clip on mics so we thought we'd try using a standard wireless mic to see if that helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmiZEZJoxGQ

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a clip on bracket that holds a standard sized mic? I know that Big J McNeely used to use something along the lines in this great video. I'm having some real feed back issues with smaller clip on mics so we thought we'd try using a standard wireless mic to see if that helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmiZEZJoxGQ

Hi Taz. I had one back in the days so I could move about and it was great.

up to this point I had been using a C.Ducer Transducer and a normal mic.This was in the days of the "WEM copycat" tape echo as the digital delay and reverb was in it`s infancy . The live stage sound was not too good in a solo setting, Fine in section stuff or unison with keys etc.

Unfortunately They were not for sale and I had to get the clamp customized by the drummer who had access to all kinds of welding and braising shenanigans.

You might be able to try to rig something up with cable ties .It`s trial and error but I recommend it. The other great thing is that once you have it set up correct. you can forget about worrying that you are getting heard as the Mic distance is fixed .This should mean that your sound guy can get your level better in the mix.

Sorry I can`t suggest a shop for these things.

Brilliant thanks Filton, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Wow: such a flashback! I might still have one in some old box from the 90s. Very solid, but maybe You'll need to find a way to avoid key noises. Maybe a cheap clip on is good enough.

Wow: such a flashback! I might still have one in some old box from the 90s. Very solid, but maybe You'll need to find a way to avoid key noises. Maybe a cheap clip on is good enough.

I'm not worried about the key noises, the band is so loud you wouldn't hear me drop the sax!!! If you've still got it and would like to part company with it, we can take this to the yard sale area?

I'm not worried about the key noises, the band is so loud you wouldn't hear me drop the sax!!! If you've still got it and would like to part company with it, we can take this to the yard sale area?

I would love to part with it for you, but it is in some hidden box in a foreign country. I recently bought a cheap one from

http://www.studiospares.com/mics-in...jhjYX3SDlEUFWaOdTpLU0xVcTayKYYOc w4t9gBa9qg==

it works. and they sound knowledgeable. Kind of same price as the clamp. Back in the the days I found out that adapting a mic to a radio system is easier than expected.