SYOS

Metamorphosis

MikeMilillo

Hi,
Just doing what I normally do, and now that I recently retired, time is now on my side....lol

I recorded this morning and I thought I would share if anyone likes this sort of thing.
It's a piece which I based on the changing of thought during an improvisation. It's not really unusual because in improvs, where the bass is essentially playing atonally, the progress, or feel, of an improv can ultimately become anything at all depending upon how the improv is progressing. How notes can lead to other notes as a result of the thinking process. Pretty interesting which is why I love this kind of jazz.

Thanks,

Metamorphosis
http://www.reverbnation.com/mikemilillo

Mamos

Nice one Mike

I always like listening to your stuff although my wife made a funny face when she came in:)

mamos

Taz

Busking Oracle
Hi Mike, again I tried to listen to your music but again I failed to enjoy it. HOWEVER, (sorry I'm always very negative about your tunes) I absolutely love your tone and your mastery of the sax. I wish I had half your skill. So for those Avant Garde jazz fans out there, I hope you all enjoy this.

MikeMilillo

Hi Mike, again I tried to listen to your music but again I failed to enjoy it. HOWEVER, (sorry I'm always very negative about your tunes) I absolutely love your tone and your mastery of the sax. I wish I had half your skill. So for those Avant Garde jazz fans out there, I hope you all enjoy this.

No problem at all Taz. I understand we all have our tastes and preferences.
I sincerely appreciate you took the time to have yourself a listen.

Thank you,
Mike

Clivey

I like this. do you remember Tom Waits sax man Frank Vicari http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH2E-AUi7Eo
somehow you and him seem to capture an Urban tone that I aspire to.

I loved all the stuff Frank Vicari played I believe he passed on a few years back I bet he told St Peter to lose the harp as he was a horn Man ;}

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeMilillo

I like this. do you remember Tom Waits sax man Frank Vicari http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH2E-AUi7Eo
somehow you and him seem to capture an Urban tone that I aspire to.

I loved all the stuff Frank Vicari played I believe he passed on a few years back I bet he told St Peter to lose the harp as he was a horn Man ;}

Actually Clivey I never heard of him before but I did check out the video. Yeah, I love that stuff as well. Frank captured a better tone than the one I have but I did hear some simliarities. I've been meaning to write something along the lines of poetry and sax myself.
I think you have a great tone man. Very expressive!

Hey thanks for the listen and the YouTube link!

Mike

koumou

Nice one Mike. Love the atonic chords and the false fingerings.
Every time I go to your site and I search for your Bio, I come across the "I like music" part.
It's like you are saying "It's none of you business" in a partly humorus and partly ironic way.
I think it will be interesting to see the backround that led you to these compositions.

Koumou

MikeMilillo

Nice one Mike. Love the atonic chords and the false fingerings.
Every time I go to your site and I search for your Bio, I come across the "I like music" part.
It's like you are saying "It's none of you business" in a partly humorus and partly ironic way.
I think it will be interesting to see the backround that led you to these compositions.

Koumou

Hi Koumou,
Haha...yeah, the 'I like music' is essentially just that. I wasn't trying to imply it's no one's business. I think it's basically just that without having to get into other stuff. I think I have a really good ear and I love dissonance. For my own taste dissonance is like being very tonal or melodic. I always say let the music do all the talking because then you would know something about an individual/musician that mere words can't really say adequately enough. If I was to tell you that I like atonal music then your imagination would run wild because in what capacity do I like atonal music. It's a huge element of music.
By actually listening to my work you will know definitely what it is that I like.

I wasn't trying to be rude or facetious. I was merely cutting to the chase...

Thank you for the listen koumou...
Mike

Top Bottom