support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Mercy Mercy Mercy

Hi Yani,
Nice bit of impro there, enjoyed it. I've been playing that number for years but on Organ, the Jimmy Smith version on Hammond. I would say his version is more bluesy than your version, but yours is a good rendition well done.
Rob.

Go boy go.Well done.As for opinion,tips,advice as we are all here to help each other on the never ending road of the horn i would just say try start your solo with more space and try to build up to a climax.You cant whack a big end!!! Space is the most important note of all.Keep up the great work:welldone

Ooh, very nice indeed! No advice from me I'm afraid, your way above my level of play. I could listen to loads more of this.

Nice one. Not overplayed and with the right balance of funk and feeling. Sould like a good fun group you're in. Post more.

We're having that same song in the repertoire currently ... I enjoyed your version :)

A small piece of advice; you could start your note in 4:47 with a bit more confidence. I hear a slight hesitation now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, super comments from all, I really appreciate the constructive criticism... An honest and objective view is always so useful :) A big thanks to all!!

Just had a chance to listen. Sounds really good. Agree previous comments. Nice to hear someone who wants to play the music and not fill it with as many notes as possible. I'll just add - loosen up, cos there's lots wanting to come out.

Really enjoyed it, thanks! Hope I can gert to play that well one day!

Thanks Kev ... it was actually an examination piece, which might explain why I was totally petrified ..... :) All these comments are really helping me a lot..

You did well to play like this when you were that nervous!

It's funny how much external factors influence our playing. Nerves, external things. Distractions mess me up, then I get mad. And can't play a note. Happens to me in most lessons, I'm playing a piece, out of the corner of my eye my teacher starts playing with his sax - and when he does it he often waves the crook over the music. I get mad, lose my place and lose the music/momentum following the restart.... Mostly under control, but he still does it.

Hey Key,

Nerves were a bigger problem, but the more you do these sort of gigs the more they diminish. Funnily enough, this time nerves manifested with a pain and tightening feeling in my chest. This was a horrible feeling and lasted straight through till the next day. I don't think it was the saxophone performance that brought this on. I had to conduct an orchestra before the performance as part of my teaching exam.. The thoughts of conducting the orchestra really shook me, although it actually went really well.. Any way my exams are over :) If my results are good, I'll have a level 8 H. Dip in Arts and Music Education. I'll be happy with this as I'm mainly self taught. Although in saying this; my secret is, I surround myself with musicians who are x 20 my level.. This forces me to get better fast !! I'm so gad that chest pain is gone!! Tightening of the chest is horrible when you have to take full breaths to blow!!!

Thank you again,

Yanisaxaddict