All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Mercy Mercy Mercy

nigeld

I don't need another mouthpiece; but . . .
Subscriber
Locality
Bristol, UK
Good stuff! :yess:

But of course the big thing that is missing in your videos is a baritone sax. >:)

Nikki

Formerly SaxyNikki
Subscriber
Locality
Canada
That’s great. Nice alto solo.
Is that a Syos mouthpiece on your tenor and soprano? Why doesn’t your alto have one? What type of mouthpiece is on your alto?

What type of microphone are you using? The sound is wonderful.
By the way, I like the sunglasses. Lol

OP
Mark Hancock

Mark Hancock

Subscriber
Locality
Zurich
Good stuff! :yess:

But of course the big thing that is missing in your videos is a baritone sax. >:)
Thanks Nigel - I think a baritone is kind of inevitable now, but the saxophone budget was blown a long time ago!

OP
Mark Hancock

Mark Hancock

Subscriber
Locality
Zurich
That’s great. Nice alto solo.
Is that a Syos mouthpiece on your tenor and soprano? Why doesn’t your alto have one? What type of mouthpiece is on your alto?

What type of microphone are you using? The sound is wonderful.
By the way, I like the sunglasses. Lol
Thanks Nikki - yes I have syos mouthpieces for both tenor and soprano. I'm playing the Yamaha 4c that came with the alto. It's a really nice mouthpiece but I'm struggling to get the high notes out with it. I have some harder reeds on order which might help that. oh - and I have ordered a syos mouthpiece for the alto.

The mic is a Shure sm-58 and the sunglasses are my daughters. I think they came free with some frozen oven chips :cool:

Nikki

Formerly SaxyNikki
Subscriber
Locality
Canada
Thanks Nikki - yes I have syos mouthpieces for both tenor and soprano. I'm playing the Yamaha 4c that came with the alto. It's a really nice mouthpiece but I'm struggling to get the high notes out with it. I have some harder reeds on order which might help that. oh - and I have ordered a syos mouthpiece for the alto.

The mic is a Shure sm-58 and the sunglasses are my daughters. I think they came free with some frozen oven chips :cool:
Free with Frozen oven chips :rofl: Thats so cute.:thumb:
Well you ‘must’ be liking that brand of mouthpiece or you wouldn’t be purchasing one for every sax you own. That speaks volumes.
Ive got a 4C on the way. It was supposed to come with the second hand saxophone that I purchased but I got a Selmer instead. I ordered it due to all the info I’ve read about it.

Thanks for the info about the mic. That’s definitely a surprise.

OP
Mark Hancock

Mark Hancock

Subscriber
Locality
Zurich
Free with Frozen oven chips :rofl: Thats so cute.:thumb:
Well you ‘must’ be liking that brand of mouthpiece or you wouldn’t be purchasing one for every sax you own. That speaks volumes.
Ive got a 4C on the way. It was supposed to come with the second hand saxophone that I purchased but I got a Selmer instead. I ordered it due to all the info I’ve read about it.

Thanks for the info about the mic. That’s definitely a surprise.
One of the good things about syos, is that they have a 30 trial period, so if you're not happy with it, just send it back and try another, or get refunded. To be honest, I'd prefer to go somewhere and try a lot of different mouthpieces, but that's not going to happen and I really like my other syos pieces - so, easy decision really.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom
test6