All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Membership Rank Promotion

MellowD

Lost In Theory
Being new here, my curiosity has been peaked many times - and yes, I've even peeked at rather a lot of the postings - insomnia is great when you join a forum.

I notice that some people seem to have elevated to the rank of Senior Member in a relatively short period of months since joining the forum, and yet others have been here years and still listed simply as Member.

Although I've have a search around, I haven't found anything that tells me what the criteria is on the membership rankings. So who can and is willing to relieve me of this itching curiosity? does it have anything remotely to do with this Navarro character who keeps popping up in threads, on tabs, and apparently has a fizzy drink addicted cat roaming around?

At 5 in the morning, I'm now more Mellow D than Melody. Maybe its time to put the kettle on again?

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
I guess that our good moderators can decide any promotion. They are wise and knowledgeable, and work hard to prevent people like me or Navarro to write things we would regret.

A forum is great when you have insomnia, not the other way round, please.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Hi Mel

It's down to the number of posts you have made. I can't remember how many before you become a senior member though.:)

Jx

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
You need to get 200 posts to be elevated to "Senior Member".
Only 200 posts to start feeling old?
Maybe we should change the rank system: talkative member, compulsive poster, tight thanker, wise and attractive Londoner....

navarro

Being new here, my curiosity has been peaked many times - and yes, I've even peeked at rather a lot of the postings - insomnia is great when you join a forum.

I notice that some people seem to have elevated to the rank of Senior Member in a relatively short period of months since joining the forum, and yet others have been here years and still listed simply as Member.

Although I've have a search around, I haven't found anything that tells me what the criteria is on the membership rankings. So who can and is willing to relieve me of this itching curiosity? does it have anything remotely to do with this Navarro character who keeps popping up in threads, on tabs, and apparently has a fizzy drink addicted cat roaming around?

At 5 in the morning, I'm now more Mellow D than Melody. Maybe its time to put the kettle on again?
Hi MeIR. You can imagine my surprise when I was elevated at such short notice to senior rank. (No time for an acceptance speech or anything.) However I use the honour shamelessly . The extra ginger snap at the Blue Rinse Club. when I casually remark " Caff Sax senior member you know.` They prick up their ears or adjust their hearing aids accordingly.

As a senior member of the caff I have been asked to deliver an after dinner speech to the Senior members of the `Senior Members Failed Stand Up Comedians Association.` (S.M.F.S.U.C.A.) of which I am a life senior member. Past presidents include such luminaries as Bruce Forsyth, Max Bygraves (deceased} and the indubitable Jimmy Tarbuck who seems to know everybody and their uncle.

Unfortunately being a senior member does not hold any sway with some of the more, allegedly, elite establishments.

I recently tried to get a table at a certain restaurant owned by a chef who constantly uses double-expletives, I tried the usual "Senior member y`know.` the Maitre d` whom I can only describe as a thug refused to allot me a table commenting `P--s off.` As a result his master who has a number of food related programmes on television has lost an avid viewer together with all members of the Blue Rinse Club.

I hope the Maitre d ` has had his tronc allotment severely curtailed as suggested in my letter to the Chef/Owner.

But I meander, Please Mel do not build up your expectations of favours being granted once you reach this exalted rank. Have fun, Regds. N. :cool:

MellowD

Lost In Theory
The extra ginger snap at the Blue Rinse Club. when I casually remark " Caff Sax senior member you know.`
So far I think this is the only advantage that has captured my imagination and taste buds. Cofffffeeeeeeeeee!

old git

Tremendous Bore
I love it when I see your status pop up on my screen. Makes me break out into a huge smile!
Yes, it's down to post count. As he said, OG is a special case (basket ?)
1) High guys, do you think I've cracked it? >:) (Don't worry Mel, I'm much too old) :verysad

2) That nice Mr Thomas, do you really believe that your moderator should be allowed to make such disparaging remarks about valued members? Ken sends his regards.

Hal the Elder

HEY MEL...

I'm sure that you meant that your curiosity has been piqued many times.

Have a nice fortnight,

Hal the Elder

ps: (Ignore the membership rankings, unless you're a Status Seeker!)

MellowD

Lost In Theory
HEY MEL...

I'm sure that you meant that your curiosity has been piqued many times.

ps: (Ignore the membership rankings, unless you're a Status Seeker!)
Yes you are absolutely correct on both of the above! LOL

In my own defence I have to remind you that I was in a heightened state of depraved insomnia at the time of posting. I did a lot of good work for charity yesterday (trust me I really did) and spelling became the lesser of my abilities afterwards :)

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
This thread is starting worrying me: one morning I could find out that Kev or Pete changed my status in something embarrassing.... Just as a revenge for some childish post of mine, like the one about the dyslexic Heavy Metal band...

MellowD

Lost In Theory
This thread is starting worrying me: one morning I could find out that Kev or Pete changed my status in something embarrassing.... Just as a revenge for some childish post of mine, like the one about the dyslexic Heavy Metal band...

And so Mod Power is reinforced again. I gather that Navarro will be subjected to this mode of punishment far sooner than you ever will? LOL

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom