All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Me busking playing "Me and Mrs Jones"

Taz

Busking Oracle
This was an experiment in trying to catch the faces of the public as I busked. It didn't really work but I quite like the raw sound that I came up with.

Last edited by a moderator:

TimboSax

Deputy junior apprentice 2nd class
Subscriber
Sounding good, a better class of busking than we get round here :thumb:

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
Sounds very nice.Great natural reverb in there also.Great job,how much did you make.

zelda

On the border
A real nice job on a great tune. I remember this song from 1972 (I think). I was 22. These days I can't just hear certain songs as just songs; they take me back to when I first heard the tune and I don't resist. Kind of a time machine. Thanks for posting.

dooce

Nice. Love the banner for "Coventry's Best Jobs" in the background. You've probably got one right there Pete......

Taz

Busking Oracle
Sounds very nice.Great natural reverb in there also.Great job,how much did you make.
Cheers Davey, i think I made just over £70 but it was just too darn cold to carry on. The tips of my fingers were just too painful!

Littlewailer

Pretty much the same as yours I believe. It's an Amati ATS 21 and the serial number dates it to 1960. I love it!
I was wondering just cause it looked like an Amati.
I play an ATS-61. It's an 80's horn but it still holds up the Amati name darn well.

RE gloves. I have a fairly thick pair that I've gotten used to. It's a little awkward for the first few minutes but after that it evens out. No chopped fingers. I can play oleo with them in 0 degree weather no problem so they must work.

Taz

Busking Oracle
Thanks for that Colin, I like the look of the thin silk gloves. My hands are quite thick and there's not enough room between my palm and the palm keys to accommodate a pair of woolly gloves, I have tried but I just get unwanted squeaks from touching the palm keys!
I don't busk in the cold often enough to be really bothered by it.

ArtyLady

Wow! money for old rope!! Nice playing too :thumb: I'd love to go busking but I just wouldn't be confident enough :((unless the whole band was with me!! ;}

ArtyLady

Better on your own. No sharing.
I know - I barely get that much when gigging with the band! But I really would struggle as I have a phobia of shopping centres (agoraphobia!), but maybe busking would cure that as playing usually cures all my other worries.....I'm determined to try it this summer! :thumb:

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom