support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

MB1 demo on Alamantia EMC2

thesaxman71

Account Closed
Here is a quick demo of my latest "best new toy" and it is (yet another) Guardala original piece.
this is THE model I have been aspiring to get and these do not surface so often as they are generally keepers when players get them....
it has been 1 heck of a (expensive) journey and search to get a beauty like this, but very worth it i feel.
1st was my laser MB2 which was the stepping stone that i think of it as
next was the Super king original and that baby was a beast to play, i loved it, the loudest piece ever but to me was all fire but not so much core
then came the studio original that was nice but a bit too twee for me,
then the Traditional model and that was much more like what i was wanting, power and thicker tone,
THEN came this MB1 up for grabs, so i jumped at it, and how happy i am, it has the power to open up similar to the super king, not as much but enough, also has a thicker tone core AND edge than the traditional model..

To say i am happy is an understatement as to me this IS the end of my tenor mouthpiece quest, and this actual mouthpiece has been played on the tenor sax of the player it is named after so it is a double bonus for me and boy it has been fun ride to get here....

the demo is more tranquil to show the tone and flexibility of the mouthpiece and is also a thread from SOTW this month

all comments are welcome!

https://soundcloud.com/ian-t-thesaxman71/alamantia-sotw

Last edited by a moderator:
I like tranquil, now you can find your perfect mouthpiece for sop>:)

Jx

A bit stuffy

Only joking
yeah sounds like i am playing with cotton wool in my gob and in my sax, sooooo stuffy hahah, i like your sense of humour, it is "nearly" funny sir ;)
I like tranquil, now you can find your perfect mouthpiece for sop>:)

Jx
already got it ;) might do a tranquil sop piece soon.
:rofl: Heard it.

Nice demo though.
yes, i am sure we ALL heard it before but i will not be changing this mouthpiece, it is officially my "holy grail" mouthpiece, it is bruised and tired looking but i don't care cos maaaan it blows amazing, great tone and playability and projection if i need it.

also, thank you for listening and commenting on my demo sir.

Very nice demo dude. If you feel better on the MB that's what counts. I hear a tad more core in the trad model you have were as the MB has a slight more hollow sound but again that's to my big floppy old lugs. Good to see you found your dream piece. You know when a great piece lands, it just lets you be you and do what ever you want it to do. I'm happy for you finding your combo.

Definitely has the Guardala/Brecker sound, very nice - playing wise too.

Great to hear that you've found your holy grail.

Thank you for taking time to listen and comment.
I am indeed in mouthpiece and sax set up heaven :)
Long may Heaven sound like Brecker to you

But who knows

Maybe in a wee while

Heaven might start to sound less edgy

Less full on

?

Nice one Ian, I like the tone very much! (You'll be pleased to hear I'm getting well and truly on with the playing outside btw! )

ah, now I see what all the fuss is with those Guardalas....
is that with the Inderbinden neck - nice combination, makes your Yamaha sound 4 dimensional

is that with the Inderbinden neck - nice combination, makes your Yamaha sound 4 dimensional
yes they are amazing mouthpieces, and yes that is the Inderbin "thunder neck", that is the name Inderbin brand it as.
Nice one Ian, I like the tone very much! (You'll be pleased to hear I'm getting well and truly on with the playing outside btw! )
Thank you, glad you like it, only been on it a few days so in a few weeks I imagine to make more from the mouthpiece and neck, sax combo.
glad you are getting the outside playing too.

Just had another listen to this piece. It reminds me of the view ....equipment used = 5% and the player 95%. Sort of like what Lionel Messi can do with football and what a Sunday in the park player can do with the same football.

Back
Top Bottom