support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Mauriat 60NS Nickel Silver alto,very nice

daveysaxboy

Account Closed
Just got a solid nickel silver Mauriat alto from our Birdman at Studiosaxophones.Its a very nice horn indeed,very heavy and solid.It has great body to the sound and as with all Mauriats its got that thick fat core to it.Gig it on friday and cant wait to blast it full on.The sax is very pleasing to the eye and looks very cool with the matt silver body,neck and matt gold keywork.Might have to get the matching tenor now to make a striking pair of horns:shocked: here comes more gas>:)

I just got a Yamaha 61 tenor today also:shocked: dont tell the wife,just try and sneak them in the house>:)
LOOSE LIP'S SINK SHIP'S:))):

Great minds think alike ;} i have been sneaking them in for the last 10 years:)))
I knew you would love that horn it felt really good after i set up the pads:welldone big big sound.
cheers d

Crikey Dave, having broken that resolution there's no point in holding back now is there!

Does sound like a nice reason to break it though, be interesting to hear your thoughts on it.

Phil

Great minds think alike ;} i have been sneaking them in for the last 10 years
I knew you would love that horn it felt really good after i set up the pads:welldone big big sound.
cheers d

Crikey Dave, having broken that resolution there's no point in holding back now is there!

Does sound like a nice reason to break it though, be interesting to hear your thoughts on it.

Phil

Hi Birdman ,yes i am very happy indeed with the Mauriat alto.Its a cracking looking horn also,love the matt silver,matt gold and its very heavy and solid.You keep sorting me out with some great sax's:welldone a big uo to you and Studiosaxophones in Abergavveny,land of the dragon and great sax's.
Hi Phil, some resolution eh,on my 3rd new sax in a month now:shocked: but you only live once so go mad.As for thoughts i thought it might be brighter than other horns but its got that fat Mauriat thing going on.Loads of punch when needed but great depth of sound.As said it looks fantastic and plays a total dream,slight touch of breadth and it responds great.I love it.Ergonomics are super also.Mauriats have that special thing in there sound,a great core to it and there palm key notes are very fat,intonation as ever with them is outstanding.Cant praise it enough:welldone just have to stop now and not get any more gas but i would not mind the 60NS Tenor to join my alto>:)

Dave, have you been on the vegetarian mince? I only ask 'cos it gives me terrible GAS. TMI?

If you get the chance, try the mauriat 87-the nickel silver one with the ggood bold wash bell... storming it of kit, almost lured me away from my 66R

If you get the chance, try the mauriat 87-the nickel silver one with the ggood bold wash bell... storming it of kit, almost lured me away from my 66R

Yes they look nice,price is good also.Lastnite i played loud pub gig on the 60NS and bass player noticed the sound,said it was very nice and richer,more middle his words were.Fancy a blast of the tenor 60NS:shocked:

So good you're selling your silver G1 neck?

Wow Dave, you're a monster! That's a lot of horns!

Hi Josh,got attacked by the gas man AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! will be back with a Mauriat tenor as i should be.The alto 60ns is superb so the tenor came a calling.How's ya Z and you getting on,did you find a new neck.I just sold a F1 silverplated tenor neck.I had 2,i use a unlacquered F1 neck on my unlacquered Yam 61 Tenor and it's much better than the stock neck and it has more body and not as wild as the G1 neck.Greg Vail play's on F1 neck's on all his horn's.

I didn't accept the neck (Ponzol) in the end, the import tax was too much. Might get one in the summer in the UK. The Z is going great guns at the mo, just stepped up a strength on the reeds - busting my chops, but getting more core to my tone - so that has been helping with my intonation.

Fred Lamberson has added me to his huge mouthpiece waiting list. I've requested a J7 - but I'm not holding my breath. Still quite interested in trying a Borgani in the summer as well.

In the meantime I'll keep blowing on Z with my metal NY Link.

Good luck with the new mauriat.

Josh.

I didn't accept the neck (Ponzol) in the end, the import tax was too much. Might get one in the summer in the UK. The Z is going great guns at the mo, just stepped up a strength on the reeds - busting my chops, but getting more core to my tone - so that has been helping with my intonation.

Fred Lamberson has added me to his huge mouthpiece waiting list. I've requested a J7 - but I'm not holding my breath. Still quite interested in trying a Borgani in the summer as well.

In the meantime I'll keep blowing on Z with my metal NY Link.

Good luck with the new mauriat.

Josh.

Mauriat due tomorrow off our Birdman,Pete at Studiosaxophones so will let you no my thought's which will be great as Mauriat's are amazing creatures.Went for the 60NS for that big zapping tone.You will find the Borgani a complete different beast to the Z Josh.Big spread sound like a Conn and the Mauriat 66R remind's me of the Borg.I have said a few time's in the past that my Borgani pearl silver i sold was 1 of the worst thing's i done.Fantastic it was.Needed a complete setup when i got mine new and needed many tweak's here and there but when it was blowing sweet it was great.You will be shocked how much the bell move's due to the way it's made and the bell brace.Mine was the model with the whole bell soldered to the body.Not a fan of the pad's and cork's they use and think if i were back there with it i would have a complete overhaul with roo pads.There ergonomics are also great and very fast.There's a unlacqured and a goldplated model here right now going for good price.Looking forward for the postman to knock now,oh yes.

Wow!. A sax with solid nickel silver (alloy; 50-70% copper, 5-30 % zink, 12-18 % nickel) body and neck. Good material. The alloy is resistant aginst water, air and many organic compounds. Are the keys made of solid nickel silver as well? The nickel silver is often silverplated. Nickel allergy.

I can't find the model on their website! But I found a describtion on sax.co.uk.

Nice saxes. I'm tempted. Under £ 2000.00? I just have solid silver nickel keys on some of my Martins.

Thomas

Wow!. A sax with solid nickel silver (alloy; 50-70% copper, 5-30 % zink, 12-18 % nickel) body and neck. Good material. The alloy is resistant aginst water, air and many organic compounds. Are the keys made of solid nickel silver as well? The nickel silver is often silverplated. Nickel allergy.

I can't find the model on their website! But I found a describtion on sax.co.uk.

Nice saxes. I'm tempted. Under £ 2000.00? I just have solid silver nickel keys on some of my Martins.

Thomas

Hi, no the key's are brass with a matt finish.My 60ns alto is great so a matching pair will be a treat.Waiting at the door now.

Back
Top Bottom