All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

MaSLM Meet or Moot x4

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Ok for any interested parties I propose the date for the fourth MaSLM meet is Wed 13/3/13 can we have a hands up for those able to come or a preferable day for those with difficulties joining the throng,as always alcomers welcome just post your interest for details

Was wondering if those more imaginative in our group might like to propose another easy number that we might all be able to practice and maybe attempt a short solo and combined playing at the meet, this is ofcourse totally without pressure to perform,any ideas

I hope you all fancy coming along again ....John

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
As it happens (must stop saying that) I will be in Manchester on the Monday (11th) as I'm visiting Heaton school with a view to sponsoring some work with the kids there. I'm not sure of my movements apart from that but could poss meet for a quick hello somewhere late afternoon.

However I thought the ref's red card decision was OK so you may officially hate me now.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
As it happens (must stop saying that) I will be in Manchester on the Monday (11th) as I'm visiting Heaton school with a view to sponsoring some work with the kids there. I'm not sure of my movements apart from that but could poss meet for a quick hello somewhere late afternoon.

However I thought the ref's red card decision was OK so you may officially hate me now.
May I suggest a change of venue, to accomodate Mr Thomas - Just outside the Cathedral - Hanging Ditch, there's a nice pub next to it to celebrate afterwards. >:)

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Firstly may I say how lucky I feel Manchester has been to have you involved in the various charities you have chosen to support and hope this will continue for a long time and you get the recognition you so obviously deserve.Now about this red card thing I have to say that I couldn't care less as I have no interest in football what so ever,but perhaps meeting at the MaSLM bungalow may not be a good idea as my good lady is a died in the wool RED and may have similar thoughts to Kev,(NOT REALLY).I would love to meet you and am sure a lot of the other local guys would also, have you any idea of your expected movements and what time do you expect to arrive and leave,looking forward to meeting you ....john

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
OK, well it seems I may have a window of opportunity on Monday, assuming my meeting at Heaton is over by about 4.45. I need to be in East Didsbury by about 6.30 so if the meet is close to either of those locations, whether a pub, caf, living room, trailer, prison cell or doomsday bunker I shall endeavour to make it, but don't change plans just for me as I will not be able to guarantee the schedule gets stuck to, however at the mo it's looking good.

trimmy

One day i will...
Monday or Wednesday is ok for me, so i will go with the flow :)

Ps. It was a straight red yayyyyyy

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
If this is to become a Monday Meet Pete MaSLM Meet Up the obvious place to meet our main man would be Didsbury as his window is very small and he is over in the south of M/C anyway,for him to come over to the MaSLM Bungalow would be out of the question,I suggest a meet at the usual time ie 12:30 ish for fun and frolics and then perhaps to debunk to Didsbury at a relevant time to meet Pete I was thinking that maybe the Old Cock Didsbury might be a suitable venue or the Didsbury Hotel next door if either are open for business at this time, will check on this, travel arrangements can be worked out at the meet.I am open to any alternative suggestions.......John

old git

Tremendous Bore
If you don't want a war, remember Pete is the CaSLM President as we conscripted him first.

Whatever guys, ENJOY!​™

trimmy

One day i will...
If the Monday is out, how about the original Wednesday ?

Ps. Congrats on the job Colin

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
I'll be going to John's on Weds. Hey Colin, congrats on the job..

Chris..

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
So after Monday being a damp squid it looks like there are at least three of us for Wednesday any one else up for it ...John

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
I thought all squids would be damp.... They live in the sea >:)

Sorry typo but it seems to fit anyway you have to watch what you type on an iPad as it just puts what it fancies,that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it .....John

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom