All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Mark VII or Yamaha Purple Logo Alto

Guenne

Locality
Austria
Hi,

I am looking for a good Mark VII or Yamaha 62 Purple logo alto.
Mark VII should have a serial below 250xxx.
Seller must agree to shipping to Austria and payment by Paypal.

Cheers,
Guenne

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
Guenne please will you confirm the %age you will pay to the Café if you are successful in finding a horn.

Thank you

Jeanette

Guenne

Locality
Austria
Hi,
just wanted to come back after reading the rules :)
Donation of 5% will be made!

Cheers,
Guenne

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
WOW now that's 2 different sounding horns for sure. I always find MK7's to be darker than MK6 horns then the 62 are very singing,brighter and more instant. Both outstanding of course.

Guenne

Locality
Austria
Hi daveysaxboy,

What I have is a perfect tool for working in an orchestra, playing with students, working in ensembles: My 992 Tenor and Alto.
What I also have is a great "second" horn, very solid: My Bauhaus M2DL Tenor and Alto.
What I also have: This dirty 62 Purple logo Tenor, which, though I bought it overhauled, needs repair.
To be honest, I love the sound of that horn.
Yes, I noticed this "singing" quality.
I also find the Mark VII a very underestimated horn. There are some very good ones somewhere out there.

Maybe it should read "and" nor "or" :)

Cheers,
Guenne

Ads

Locality
North West UK
This is why I like Mk7s (Tenors anyway) .. I found the bottom end is deeper, fuller and thicker than the Mk6 or SA80 (and clones) - or the one I had was anyway, the older Jupiter 787 model is a pretty bang on Mk7 copy apart from the left pinkie table which thankfully is better spaced though the main keys & RH table are more Mk7 spaced than usual . it makes a nice contrast to have along with the 62 and has got me hankering after another real one instead of a 10M .

Locality
Alexandria, Scotland
Hi Guenne did you manage to get a purple MK1 62 I have one which is absolutely stunning as is the case I prefer my yani the If its been played a dozen times since new that would be a maximum and I'm being genuine about that, I may be interested in selling if a sax I'm interested is still available for sale shipping inc to austria mmhm. we'll see I've never bought a sax where seller pays.????????????

JimJam

Hi Guy,

if Guenne doesn't come through, then give me a call. I too am looking for a YAS62 purple logo. James - Newbury

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
@guyfromthesticks If a sale is not agreed between you and Guenne to protect you and @JimJam I would hope you would list your 62 in accordance with the yard sale rules.

Thanks

Jeanette

Locality
Alexandria, Scotland
Hi JimJam, and Jeanette if I decide to sell it I'll put it on yard sale I've been through this conversation before when a forum member was trying to sell me her sax without going through yardsale she was rather abusive when it was pointed this out to her.
I mention this only so any members realise if your part of the forum you abide by the rules. Me selling depends on me receiving a reply regarding a Yani Silversonic tenor I'm interested in. What I will say is if I'm selling I will notify YOU first to let you know it's going in yardsale I don't think I'll ever have a problem selling as it's only ever been played half a dozen to a dozen times If I told you I bought it brand new yesterday you wouldn't dispute that as even the case is pristine. And the names Andy

Guy from the Sticks (I live out in the sticks)

JimJam

Forum rules all the way, of course. Thanks Andy for the clarification on the situation with the YAS62. Sounds like a peach. James

Staff online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom